Hotel Milano Scala
Via dell' Orso 7
Milan 20121, Italy
“We are proud to welcome you at Milan's first zero-emission building.” Milano Scala
This small 4 star zero-emission boutique hotel with only 62 rooms on seven floors is located in the centre of Milan. It offers a perfect location in walking distance to the district of Brera, the Duomo, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, the Castello Sforzesco, the La Scala Theatre and the luxury shopping district, Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga.
23 of the 62 rooms directly overlook Via dell’Orso, while the rest offer a view of the inner courtyard of the palace, which retains the spirit and the planting of the “case di ringhiera” of a charming old Milan.
Eco-chic style, classical music, organic green cuisine and a terrace overlooking the city with natural herbs that are used for the kitchen.
It was opened in 2010 as first and only zero-emission hotel in Milano. No CO2 emissions are released into the atmosphere during the guest's stay.
- First zero-emission hotel in Milan
- The most important cultural sites, restaurants and shopping streets are in walking distance
- Eco-chic style and a terrace overlooking the city
- Organic green cuisine with natural herbs from the terrace garden
- 3 meeting rooms
- Easy to reach by public transportation
“The project Milano Scala was created and developed out of concern for the environment.”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- Eco-friendly Boutique Hotel with 62 rooms
- 4 Suites (48-58 sqm)
- 6 Junior Suites (38-48 sqm)
- 9 Single Rooms (18 sqm)
- 13 Superior Double Rooms (33 sqm)
- 30 Double Classic Rooms (24 sqm)
- Roof top garden
- Free WiFi
- Internet TV
- Pillow menus
- Air conditioning
The Story of Hotel Milano Scala
Hotel Milano Scala opened in September 2010 in the heart of Milan’s most vibrant area, rich in history, and tradition.
Located in the heart of the Brera district, a few steps from Via Montenapoleone, Duomo and Piazza della Scala, the hotel is housed in a historical 1800 Milanese palazzo.
Eco-chic style, classical music, organic green cuisine and a terrace overlooking the city: an experience engaging the senses, wellness for body and mind.
That’s what Hotel Milano Scala offers its guests, taking care of every detail so that a simple stay becomes a unique, exciting and sustainable experience.
Meeting Room MAESTRO
Area of 90m² with a minimum height of 240cm maximum 320cm. Maximum capacity of 80 guests theatre seated, if required with a stage, podium and table for speakers, retractable screen 180cm*180cm, video projector, flipchart, audio system with 3 microphones.
Area of 37m² with a minimum height of 240cm and maximum height of 320cm. Maximum capacity of 25 guests in theatre seating.
Meeting Room SOPRANO
Area of 28m² with a minimum height of 240cm and maximum height of 320cm. Maximum capacity of 25 guests in theater seating.
Hotel Milano Scala Green Inititatives
- Energy Consumption
- Water Consumption
- Electric Car
- The use of water to water heating pumps, for heating as well as for the air-conditioning, without release of pollutants, is not the only aim which has been realized to reduce the energy consumption and the environmental impact.
- The hotel is equipped with an automated and computer-controlled system which monitors the dosage of the parametrers of heating and cooling and their relative power consumption.
- The rooms are administered by magnetic cards to optimice the consumption; the windows are equipped with magnetic contacts which block the system when opened.
- In the kitchen induction plates permit fast cooking without loosing any heat.
- The water consumption in the rooms is very low thanks to the use of filters, although at the same time a maximum of comfort for the guests is guaranteed.
- The building was built in order to achieve a high degree of heat insulation and sound absorption.
- Regarding the facade the division of the outer walls was exactly planned, with a focus on insulation and sound absorption.
Green Building Council Italy: Manifesto of Members
The buildings in which we live, work, and enjoy our free time represent the most significant human intervention with regard to the environmental impact and the use of natural resources.
To design, build, and live in our buildings ensuring environmental, social and economic development can and should be an achievable goal.
The Green Building Council Italy, in conjunction with the GBC in other countries and in particular with the U.S. GBC (which has ownership of the LEED rating system), is a voluntary association of companies, institutions and structures, based on consensus and on the enhancement of integration of scientific expertise and operational skills, pursuing, through the development and adaptation of LEED to the Italian context, the aim of market transforming in such a way that “green buildings” – buildings with low environmental impact – can become “normal” and accepted as real society elements.
One of the first objectives will be the adaptation of LEED® to Italian reality, to create an instrument of growth and development through the comparison with all those involved in sustainable construction.
The members of GBC Italy, sharing all this, choose to be active leaders engaging in first person, in their field as well as in the GBC Italy activities, to work for:
- Developing and offering high-profile and successful sustainable buildings and products
- Offering a comprehensive portfolio of services to meet the different needs of the real estate, consistent with the policies of sustainability and characterized by a high quality service for guests
Milano Scala owns a company electric car, 100% non-polluting.