Behnitzer Dorfstraße 29
OT Groß Behnitz
Nauen 14641, Germany
“Whoever enters the imposing red old brick building with the big sandstone figures, enters a magical place.” Landgut Stober
Landgut Stober is situated in the midst of a picturesque park landscape in Havelland at the "Groß Behnitzer See", approximately 20 km from Berlin. The old manor which has been carefully restored, was first mentioned in 1173.
Guests can choose between the "Bio Hotel" and the "Logierhaus". The "Bio Hotel" was built in 2012 on the foundation walls of a barn and is one of the most sustainable hotels in Europe.
You will find high-class, personal service, a praised kitchen, the opportunity that is unique in Germany to work with historical machinery, but above all a magical place which fascinates every guest and visitor.
- Historical protected building
- Extraordinary and unique supporting programme
- Top restaurant with view on the beautiful lake
- Most sustainable privately-run hotel of Germany 2013/2014
- Among the 15 best Convention hotels in Germany
“First 'bio-certified hotel' in Brandenburg/Berlin”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms and Amenities
- 82 double rooms and 20 suites – Biohotel
- 23 double rooms and 3 suites – Logierhaus
- 3 wheelchair accessible rooms
- Free Wifi and central safe
- Satellite TV with DVD-Player and Radio
- Organic bed linen, organic terry towels, Fair Trade toiletries und cosmetics
- Restaurant “Seeterasse”
- Wellness area
The Story behind Landgut Stober
Around 1800, the District Authority Peter Alexander von Itzenplitz had a mansion built by the “Großes Behnitzer See”. In 1866, due to persistent mismanagement and high indebtedness the property was passed over to the Borsig family.
Under the direction of Albert Borsig the mansion was enlarged by further buildings and was transformed into a model agricultural enterprise, that worked with the most modern technologies.
In 2000 Michael Stober, contractor for restoration of old buildings and former art photographer, acquired the estate and saved it from decay. He was actually searching for a home for himself, but when he first saw the property he knew that it was a magical place.
“Landgut Stober – meetings in an award winning location”.
Landgut Stober’s three most popular congress offers are the business, classic and executive offer. If requested, an individual programme can be arranged.
Salon August with 597 m2 is the biggest conference room.
Specials Offers at Landgut Stober
Christmas Celebrations – Celebrate and Enjoy
Haven’t you and your employees deserved a special Christmas celebration?
Christmas at the Groß Behnitzer Lake situated in a romantic park: inspire your colleagues with a historical guided tour or an unforgettable cooking class.
With the all-inclusive Christmas arrangement you will not miss anything. Besides a Christmas Menu*, there will also be a cup of glogg or a glass of sparkling champagne. In addition to this a beverage allowance for 3 hours is part of the Christmas program!
*67,00€ per person
- Guided tour across the historical manor: explore the magical history of this unique place! (starting from 15 people and more)
- Cooking course in the wine tavern „Everything is good, almost everything is excellent!“ – Create a tasty 3-Course-Menu within your team
- Overnight stay at the hotel for a special price for groups up to 20 people, for bigger groups buffet and price on inquiry
*For groups up to 20 people, for bigger groups buffet and price on inquiry
Landgut Stober Green Initiatives
- Innovative Operations
- Energy and Water Consumption
- Use of oak boards with 20 % of blend savings
- “Edible” carpet made nearly 100 % out of corn in the hotel halls
- Electrosmog reduced rooms without W-Lan, with own Internet connection
Energy and Water Consumption
- Photovoltaic system with 72 kW/H peak power, the system produces more electricity than is used
- Two wood chip heating installations with 1,000 kW power in total to heat the whole property.
- The 12.5 ha big forrest provides for a considerable reduction of the CO2 balance that is quite good anyway
- Wood heating for producing heat
- All WCs run through rainwater secondary circulations
Handmade beds and organic bed linen with 90 % down filling ensure the guest’s well-being. The mattresses are produced by COCOMAT, one of the world’s best manufacturers of mattresses, and are made of India rubber, organic-cotton, sea grass and coconut palm.
There is a charger for electric cars available to guests.