For five years the hotel has a CO2 footprint and belongs to the climate-neutral hotels in Germany. Since 2010 the hotels is one of the first hotels in Germany which can offer a climate-neutral stay to their guests. The CO2 result per overnight stay is only at 10.24 kg. This corresponds to the excellent climate-efficiency class A. Viabono certified the hotel’s CO2 footprint, which is calculated on a yearly base. The average emission of a 3 star hotel amounts to 35 kg CO2 per overnight stay, which is much higher than at the Creativhotel Luise.
Usage of jumbo packages in order to avoid garbage
Family Förtsch not only cares about the nature, but also about the well-being of their guests. Therefore, the creative hotel uses only high-quality and environmental friendly materials.
- Furniture from local wood
- Living plants improve the room climate
- Largely shielded electric lines avoid the electric smog
- Wallpaper made of recycling paper, smoothed with beeswax
- All colors, varnish and glues are biological and solvent-free
- Carpeted floors free of pollutant and without foam back
- Cork linoleum
- The toilet is rinsed with rainwater
- The shower water is warmed up by a solar installation
- Mattresses friendly to body withpure new wool and duckboards free of metal
Local and organic products