Amaya Beach Resort & Spa
National Holiday Resort,
Kalkudah Sri Lanka
“A sun drenched haven nestled on a white sandy shore with lush tropical gardens that dance in the salty air await to envelop your senses.” Amaya Beach Resort
The eco friendly resort Amaya Beach is located on the East side of the island about 35 km northwest of Batticaloa. The coastal community of Passikudah is known to have one of the longest stretches of shallow coastline in the world.
It is also home to reef fish and lovely coral formations. The sustainable resort is the ideal hide-away for those seeking tranquility.
- Eco friendly resort
- Right beside the Passikudah bay
- Amazing ocean views
- Spa center
- Fine sandy beach
- Numerous activites on the water and on land
being local - authentic experiences
Book via Green Pearls® and benefit
Support sustainable tourism and receive a benefit!
Save your exclusive Green Pearls® offer now:
Make a reservation through our website or book directly at the official website of Amaya Beach with the code “Green Pearls” and enjoy a 25% discount on spa offers and a glass of wine on an evening of your choice!
- 125 rooms and suites
- 7 different room types: superior rooms, deluxe, premium deluxe, deluxe suite, deluxe family residence, executive suite, premium deluxe spa suite
- Water Sport Activities: Diving, Snorkeling, Water Skiing, Jet Scooter, Windsurfing, Canoeing, Banana Boat rides, Sailing, Deep Sea, Fishing, Speed Boat Rides, Yacht Rides, etc.
- Complimentary services and amenities: Board Games, Oversized swimming pool overlooking the beach, Children’s pool, SPA, Fitness Centre, Kids´Club, Babysitting service available upon request, tour information desk, wireless internet access, medical services, laundry services, currency exchange, 15 hours of in-room dining
- 2 Restaurants and 2 more coming soon
The Story of Amaya Beach
Amaya Beach built in 2012 in Sri Lanka opened doors in April 2013 under the management of Centara Hotels and Resorts and was known as “Centara Passikudah Resort & Spa”. In April 2014 management of property was taken over by Amaya Leisure PLC and resort was re-branded as Amaya Beach, Passikudah.
Being a Responsible Company
“At Amaya Resorts, we are convinced that our responsible approach to tourism is a decisive factor determining the long term success of our resorts.
While complying with the professional standards and ethical values we strive to assume or corporate responsibilities in every aspect of our work.
Amaya Beach is recognized as an eco friendly resort protecting the environment and cultural treasures of Sri Lanka
- Water Consumption
- Energy Consumption
- Social Commitment
- Open areas to bring in natural ventilation and light.
- Use of recycled water for the garden.
- Watermeters are installed in all keyareas to monitor and control consumption.
- Guests can choose, how often towels and bed linen shall be changed.
- Laundry waste water is treated prior sending to sewage system.
- Using power off the main grid not using generator unless absolutely necessary.
- 80% LED lighting.
- Electricity meters installed in all key areas to monitor and control consumption.
- Electronic key card for rooms linked to power save system in guest rooms.
- VSD (variable source devices) installed for water lines.
- Purchasing goods from local suppliers and regional suppliers.
- Perishables supplied in refrigerated condition.
- Cool room/Freezers using CFC free gas.
- 40% locally and from region recruitment
- Purchasing local products.