Best Western Berghotel Rehlegg
Ramsau 83486, Germany
“There are many possibilities to gain energy in our untouched Berchtesgadener country and national park: fresh, clear mountain air, pure spring waters, forest and meadow herbs as well as the mineral rocks of our Alps.” Franz Lichtmannegger
The Berghotel Rehlegg is situated in the National Park which is embedded in the dreamlike scenery of the Alps. When having breakfast at the hotel, you can enjoy the magnificent view of the majestic Watzmann Göll and Brett as well as the Hochkalter.
A warm atmosphere and hospitality is how you can describe the Berghotel Rehlegg. In the heart of the national park you can experience unspoiled nature combined with the comfort of a 4*-hotel. The cosy furbished rooms do offer a terrace with mountain view.
Beside alpine herbal uses and classical massages Caribbean wellness treatments contribute to your well-being.
In the foreground of the recreational offer of the National Park Berchtesgaden stands natural experiences. A net of footpaths and mountaineering possibilities with a total length of about 300 km allows an immediate natural experience.
Only 30 min drive to the "Mozart’s towns" Salzburg offers an extensive choice in cultural highlights.
- Unique location in the heart of the Alpine National Park Berchtesgaden, with view of the Watzmann, Göll and board
- Rehlegger herbal fairy - treatments based on regional remedial plants and herbal mixtures
- Heated outdoor swimming pool with view of the breathtaking mountain panorama
- Numerous hiking trails with different degrees of difficulty
- Fish, fowl, meat and game come from controlled animal husbandry, partially also from local organic farmers
- Reach Salzburg in only 30 minutes
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 87 regionally furnished rooms and suites
- 9 different room categories are allocated in the West wing, main house and farmhouse/guesthouse.
- Each room has its own balcony or terrace.
- Panoramic indoor swimming pool (10 x 6 m) and heated outdoor swimming pool (14 x 4 m) with view of the dreamlike mountain scenery.
- The wellness area offers a sauna scenery with Brechelbad, stone stove sauna, steam bath, Finnish sauna and infrared cabins, various recreation rooms as well as the Almwies’n spa with in-house natural makeup line or Ligne to Saint Barth cosmetic.
The farm was first mentioned in a document in 1640 and is led since 2000 by Johannes and Franz Lichtmannegger in the third generation. The Rehlegglehen is in possession of the family Lichtmannegger already since 1917, when Sebastian Lichtmannegger grandfather of Franz and Johannes created a home for his family.
The hotel looks back at a colorful past, fully packed with traditions and family stories. The big change came 1929, due to increasing tourism in Germany, the former agricultural business started hosting more and more guests.
At the end of the thirties the Rehlegg was used as a location for numerous old regional films. The three sons Sebastian, Richard and Franz remember with pleasure when stars like Barbara Rütting, Rudolf Lenz and others visited the hotel: “In our Schwimmwagen, we went on motive search even before the shooting started. These were enchanting hours for us and at the same time a lucrative business”.
In 1953 the pension had more than 16 guest rooms and in 1957 already more than 60 guest beds.
Over the years the small family business became an impressive hotel. In 1998 the mountain hotel received the honor “Nationalpark friendly hotel”.
The philosophy of sustainable practices, tradition and hospitality is carried on by every generation.
Best Western Hotel Rehlegg Green Initiatives
Family Lichtmannegger is aware of their responsibility for nature and the beauty of the Alpine region and strives for a sustainable and environmentally friendly management approach.
- Energy Consumption
- Spa Concept
- Regional Food
All furniture has been designed by an architect and finally customized by a local carpenter out of natural materials of the Alpine region.
Energy Consumption – carbon-positive
- Solar plant (thermally) approx. 100 m² — including savings of up to 14.000 liter fuel oil
- Photovoltaic installation with 33 kWh
- Maximum-demand and voltage monitor for the entire hotel to prevent attrition of the electric equipment and lamps
- Thermal power station with an energy efficiency of 98% with 32 kW
- Heating technology and heating regulation for all buildings and outbuildings; buffer and new construction of the heating system
- Solar heat for outdoor swimming pool thereby all-year open and permanent temp. of 28°C
- Photovoltaik arrangement produces 29.500 kWh per year
- LED lighting at the whole hotel
- Own filling station for electric cars and E-bikes
Overall, Rehlegg can balance two-thirds of the energy consumption on their own, the last third is sourced 100% from hydropower. Thus, the hotel is 100% provided with CO2-neutral energy. Remaining carbon emissions are compensated by participating in a reforestation project in Panama.
The new spa concept focuses on the high alpine region of the Berchtesgadener country and its treasures. The products are carefully produced with herbs that grow in the surroundings with the help of the certified herbalist Doris Hasenknopf. During guided tours guests can learn more about the domestic herbs and their effects.
Right behind the hotel different herbs grow from which bath salts, oils, lip balsam and culinary spices are made according to ecological principles. These herbal mixtures also find a use in the spa of the hotel „With our wellness offer we would like to intensively convey the strengths of the regional products to the guests,” Mrs. Stephanie Lichtmannegger says. „Thus we can include the Bavarian nature directly in the hotel and promote health awareness in the midst of our beautiful Alpine region.“
The restaurant serves regional and fine traditional dishes. The concept implies: “Only healthy, fresh and not tortured, carefully prepared and of course outstanding taste shall be served.”
Therefore, 90% of all products for the buffet restaurant Lichtmanneggers and the à La carte restaurant Almstüberl are sourced directly from the region. The chosen partners and suppliers do not only share the same values, but also the dedication for the environment and the respect towards animals of any kind. Fish and meat thus come from regional, species-appropriate care.
A few examples for the origin of the products:
- Beef: butchery Heilmaier, Waging am See, Chiemgau
- Trout and Char: fish farm Resch, Stangaß near Berchtesgaden
- Game: forestry Berchtesgaden
- Milk products: Berchtesgadener Land dairy plant, Piding
- Juices: press house Stadler, Högl/Piding
Rehlegger Lehen pigs
According to strict organic standards, the Berghotel now runs its own pig farm. The Rehlegger Lehen organic pigs, which result from a mix of a Peitran pig and a Swabian-Hall pig, reside on their own meadow under the blue sky during the whole summer.