Lake Constance Region
Deggenhausertal-Limpach 88693, Germany
“'A little bit bio' wouldn't be enough, that would be inconsistent. We would never compromise on that.” Jürgen Waizenegger
A warm and familiar atmosphere awaits you at Biohotel Mohren, in the picturesque region of Lake Constance. Already when entering the cozy entrance area, one feels completely at home and is grasped by a feeling of deep relaxation. Welcome to your vacation!
The region impresses with castles, churches and scenic attractions. Also, a day trip to Austria, Switzerland or the Black Forest is a popular activity. The possibilities are endless! Let the day come to an end in the elegant ambience of the nature spa or reflect about the experiences of the day in the cozy fireplace room with a glass of delicious bio-wine.
The comfortable rooms invite you to relax and enjoy a day in bed. With charming names like summer wind, flower meadow or Lake Constance, the differently designed rooms reflect the highlights of the region. Pure rest is guaranteed!
And the best at Biohotel Mohren? You will enjoy seasonal menus of best bio quality. Whether a stimulating bio-breakfast in the morning or a traditional gourmet menu in the evening - the lovingly prepared dishes from ingredients of the own bio-farm or regional organic farmers will marvel you. Taste the difference!
- Fantastic location in midst nature close to Lake Constance
- Restaurant with 100% regional bio ingredients
- Farm for own agriculture
- Nature spa
being local - authentic experiences
- 32 comfortable rooms with a view to Lake Constance and Alps, on the garden or in the village
- 2 apartments
- modern sauna area (mountain hut sauna, bio sauna, herbal steam bath, plunge pool, rock shower, relaxation area, organic tea bar)
- nature spa with garden and wellness area
- own restaurant with 100 % bio quality
- cozy fireplace room
- Game lounge and fitness room with view to Lake Constance and mountain panorama
History & Philosophy
Biohotel Mohren at Lake Constance tells the story of a centuries old family tradition. The historical half-timbered house was built in 1712 by the forefathers of family Waizenegger. The tradition as a hospitality and accommodation property goes back a long way, many generations led the Biohotel Mohren as a country inn.
In the 80s, Jürgen Waizenegger and his father decided to focus on organic farming, which paved the way in the direction of today’s Biohotel. Since 1988, the manor is bio certified. Bit by bit, the conversion of the hotel according to guidelines of sustainable management occurred.
Jürgen Waizenegger is farmer as well as chef at the Mohren. Since 2007 the restaurant completely relies on biological ingredients. Here, sustainability goes through the stomach!
- Environmental Protection
- traditional timbered building
- natural materials such as clay plaster, oak floorboards, all-wood furniture
- nature spa area from natural materials
- wood for heating from own forest
- 100% green energy
- CO2 emissions 80% under average value
- saisonal, regional products from own farming
- bio beef from Aberdeen Angus breed
- herb and vegetable cultivation
- grain farming
- 100 fruit trees, apples and pears
- exclusively bio quality
- bread, salad, eggs, poultry, cheese, etc from network of regional bio businesses
- Grander water
- ehc certified
- ecological sleeping systems and bed linen
- Jane Iredale natural cosmetics and make up