Am Sonnenbühl 70,
Hagnau 88709, Germany
“Looking over the lake, surrounded by vines, elegantly welcomed by The Renns” The Renns
Soft hills, romantic orchards, vineyards as far as the eye can see, and Lake Constance right on your door step — this unique setting is offered at Hotel Burgunderhof in the idyllic fishing and winemaking village Hagnau.
In the first bio certified hotel and vineyard at Lake Constance, an oasis of tranquility for adults with luxurious charm awaits you.
With the Balinese Spa concept, you can enjoy energetic massages or traditional applications, which aim to withdraw toxins from your skin. Also, the Burgunderhof garden offers room for relaxation with lawn, sun-beds and pond landscape.
Numerous destinations and sights in the picturesque surrounding wait to be discovered. Go on an active discovery tour on regional cycling routes and enjoy the proximity to Lake Constance, which invites you to go swimming, diving, surfing or sailing.
- Exclusive unique rooms with a view on Lake Constance
- 100% Bio breakfast buffet
- Balinese Spa concept
- located in a Vineyard
- Garden, lawn and outdoor pool
- Peace and relaxation for adults age 18 years and up
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 12 rooms in different categories
- rooms with lake view
- Balinese Spa Concept
- Private Spa in Buddha Suite (at additional cost)
- garden with lawn, sun-beds and swimming complex
- breakfast lounge with panoramic view
- luxurious breakfast buffet in 100% bio quality
- tea kitchen with tea and coffee
- approximately 15 restaurants within walking distance
Philosophy and Story
The exclusive Burgunderhof is owned by a venerable family of winegrowers, who has taken care of the house, the guests and the winemaking for generations. Early on, Heiner Renn gravitated towards the family business. As fruit grower and distiller, he amazes with the production of finest brandies.
In March 2016, their daughter Julica has become managing director of the parental business after she studied in the field of economics. The holistic healthy and sustainable lifestyle of family Renn complies with the philosophy at Hotel Burgunderhof.
Winery & Distillery
The own winery of host family Renn is the cradle of finest distillates and noble wines from the own ecologic cultivation. Experience the secret and fine details of the internationally awarded spirits and wines at Burgunderhof, that have become world-famous.
First bio certified hotel and winery at Lake Constance
- Waste Management
- Environmental Protection
- Flora & Fauna
- Social Commitment
- Environmental-friendly building material was used to design the Burgunderhof: Use of brick stones for the masonry, local wood, stone tiles, roofing tiles, natural colors, plaster, isolation with mineral wool / stone wool
- House and vineyard are family owned for generations, maintenance of the inventory whenever possible
- Since 2015, Burgunderhof is a climate-neutral hotel: Certified through the ehc certification / footprint; only renewable energy as for example from hydroelectric power plants – no nuclear energy!
- Reduction of energy consumption through solarthermics
- Solarthermics for the pool
- Use of energy saving light bulbs as well as LED
- Use of motion detectors, as well as automatic timers
- needs-oriented controlling of heating system with outdoor temperature sensor
- Water saving potentials and goals are monitored
- Installation for rainwater treatment
- Water stop switches for water saving toilet flushing
- Regarding the laundry, water is saved as towels and linens are not exchanged on a daily basis unless required by the guest
- Use of green water
- Recyclable packaging of bathroom items
- No plastic packaging of bathroom items and avoidance of small packaging at the breakfast buffet
- Regular staff trainings regarding waste separation and recycling
- Eco-friendly produced toiletries are available at Burgunderhof
- The packaging of the toiletries is partly biodegradable
- All used cleaning products are biodegradable and do not harm the environment
- Burgunderhof is ehc certified, highlighting its commitment to environmental-friendly hospitality
- Burgunderhof received the Green leaders Platinum certification
Flora and Fauna
- the host family’s own vineyard surrounds the property
- hotel garden with organic cultivation of fruits and vegetables
- chemical-free solutions of pest control are used
- flora was protected during planning and building process of the hotel
- breakfast buffet contains 100% bio quality products
- At Burgunderhof, guests enjoy exclusively organically produced food
- Many of the offered products are taken from own certified organic cultivation
- The focus is strictly on regional specialties – e.g., homemade jam and pastries, fresh fruits and vegetables from own garden, natural yoghurt, etc.
- Employment of local staff whenever possible
- Support of local schools, hospitals and charitable institutions
- Support of local social projects
- Only local craftsmen companies and enterprises, support of the German Red Cross
- Own initiative: DANIEL RENN STIFTUNG DEUTSCHLAND, donations, scholarships, support of young people
- Fire brigade Hagnau – Heiner Renn is commander of the FFW Hagnau since 15 years and now honorary commander of the FFW Hagnau
- Heiner Renn was a singer for 25 years in the church choir of the municipality of Hagnau