Coco Bodu Hithi
Kaafu Atoll Republic of Maldives
“Every moment of your stay at Coco Bodu Hithi is a reflection of your passion and individuality.” Coco Bodu Hithi
Privacy, luxury and ultimate perfection - that is what you will find at Coco Bodu Hithi. The romantic retreat is located on an incredible tear-shaped island on the Maldives and provides you with an authentic luxurious travel experience.
The charming premium villas offer from beach-front views, to 360 degree ocean views all the way to a secluded location at a natural island garden. The resident marine biologist takes you on a journey through the surrounding nature and shows how it can be protected.
To enable total privacy at all times, also in-villa treatments are available. Regain strength in one of the seven diverse restaurants. Here you will find the perfect place for you - from local to international, from innovative to traditional, from indoor to outdoor, from BBQ at the beach to gourmet meals.
At Coco Bodu Hithi, great importance is attached to warm hospitality and local sustainability, which are noticeably the key component for the truly unique hideaway experience you will receive!
- Perfect combination of luxury and sustainability
- Secluded location at a natural island garden
- Guided snorkeling and diving tours with resident marine biologist to learn more about the protection of the environment
- Traditional treatments and relaxing massages at Coco Spa
- Self renewal
- Total privacy
- Local and international kitchen
- Truly unique hideaway
“Coco Bodu Hithi offers hospitality that is stylish and sophisticated but most importantly sustainable. From the lush green palms to the vivid coral reef, preserving and protecting the unique beauty of this natural island paradise is our focus and at the forefront of everything we do.”
being local - authentic experiences
100 villas with traditional Maldivian elements combined with modern architecture, separated living and bedroom; spacious bathing area with bathtub
- Island Villas
beachfront terrace with ocean view
private garden with sun loungers, day bed and swimming pool
- Water Villas
Suspended on stilts above the lagoon
terrace with day bed and private pool
- Escape Water Villas
floor-to-ceiling windows, bathroom with double bathtub
rivate infinity plunge pool and outside steps lead down to the lagoon
- Coco Residences
secluded cluster located at the tip of the island
alfresco terrace and dining area, private infinity plunge pool, sun loungers, steps leading into the lagoon with abundant marine life; amenities such as luxurious pillow menu to choose from; private wine cellar to explore
- Coco Spa for traditional treatments, massages and body therapies for self-renewal
- Seven Restaurants and Bars
History and Philosophy
The Coco Collection was created in 2005 as the luxury brand of the Maldivian Sunland Hotels & Resorts, having 25 years of experience within the hospitality industry. Coco Collection offers luxury in natural surroundings for the experience seeking traveler.
In 2012, Bodu Hithi Island was rebranded to Coco Bodu Hithi, an ideal place for those who want to luxuriously relax and unwind. Here, it is great attention attached to warm and sincere service. Coco Bodu Hithi provides passionate travelers with stylish, sophisticated, but most of all sustainable hospitality.
- Waste Management
- Environmental Protection
- Social Commitment
- Traditional Maldivian elements are included in the architecture
- Wood used in the resorts construction was taken from plantation forests
- locally hand-made palm thatch is used for the roof of the villas to preserve the environment and local culture at the same time
- Electricity is produced by fuel-powered generators; to minimize the energy use, guests are advised to:
- Limit the use of the air conditioner
- Keep doors closed while the air conditioner is running in the villa
- Turn off lights that are not in use
- Efficient sewage plant to treat all used water before being poured into the sea
- due to water scarcity, desalinated and treated water is used for watering plants, flushing toilets, etc.
- Separation and recycling of waste
- Food refuse is separately collected and disposed in the deep sea or used as compost, all solid waste is incinerated, crushed or compacted
- guests are educated to avoid littering
- food is organically and locally produced whenever possible
- All our cleaning products are biodegradable
- use of recycled paper
- All amenities such as articles in the villas are made of natural products
- All offered trips, excursions and experiences are respectful of the environment
- only practice pole and line fishing to conform to the sustainable practices and the Maldivian law as well. Apart from that, any catch below maturity size is released.
- guidelines and education for guests to get involved with environmental efforts
- Resident Marine Biologist implements education, information, conservation and research programs related to the marine environment
- Education: (e.g. No touching or removal of corals, fish or any other sea life from the water; Do not feed the fish; etc)
- guidelines to ensure sustainable practices during fishing excursions where guests can help chart and measure protected species; the data is then forwarded to the Maldives’ Marine Research Centr
- Eco days & cleaning activities for reef and island
- Initiated environmental projects that guests can participate in:
– Sea Turtle Identification Project: understand the migrations and visit frequency of turtles around the island
– Manta Identification Project: maintain records of the current Manta Ray population by supplying details of sightings and identification pictures.
– Corel Nursery Program: gives naturally broken coral frames a chance to survive and enables the resort to monitor their growth.
– Shark Watch Protocol: Organized by the Maldives Ministry of Tourism to create awareness of the importance of shark species for the tourism industry, Coco contributes to this program by identifying general species types through our encounters.
- support local communities and preserve Maldivian traditions
- practice sustainable purchasing by sourcing supplies locally wherever possible to support local businesses and communities.