Wien 1020, Austria
“Which city is internationally ranked as the world’s most wort living? That’s right, Vienna! At the Capri we’ll guide you to the best lookouts, sidewalk cafés, take you to the city’s most popular parks, and let you savour fresh spring water direct from the Alps.” Das Capri
At Das Capri you stay centrally located in the city of Vienna - just a stone's throw away from the city's famous sights. Das Capri delights with fantastic eco-friendly and social initiatives and puts great emphasis on the regional culture.
In the individually and sustainably designed hotel you will get to know the beauties and characteristics of the city, as every level and every room shows another angle of Vienna’s individual stories and quality.
Start your day in the gourmet city Vienna with a delicious breakfast buffet with fresh regional products. Thanks to the central location, the highlights and sights of the city can be conveniently reached by foot, or the subway picks you up at the front door.
Experience the special flair of this outstanding city and enjoy a relaxing sustainable stay at Das Capri!
- Privately owned hotel with a focus on individuality
- Central location
- Large rooms
- Suitepad (Tablet) in the rooms
- Each room represents an individual story
- Regional breakfast buffet with typical specialties from Vienna
being local - authentic experiences
- 73 modern and harmoniously furnished rooms, every room and every floor stands for another Viennes story
- Room size at least 25 m²
- each room tells a typical Viennese Tale
- View of the city or the courtyard
- Many rooms with balcony
- Many rooms equipped with a fridge
- Large table and lounge setting in the rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- HD-TV with over 100 channels in many languages
- Free breakfast buffet with local specialities
- Complimentary tea and coffee in your room
- Parking spot in the courtyard: 18 Euros a day
- Pets welcome! (Cleaning surcharge € 11,- per day)
History & Philosophy
Das Capri is owned by the family Pastuszyn since almost 20 years. Beginning of 1997, Annelie and Jacek Pastuszyn took over Das Capri as a modest pension and expanded it to today’s modern city hotel. Several years ago, son Georg accepted responsibility for the management.
In the hotel, the Pastuszyn’s aim to tell Vienna’s individual tales. Each of the seven levels and each room shows the city from a different side.
Since he took over the parental company in 2008 Georg Pastuszyn has optimized the house step by step. Austria has very strict labour law as well as environmental regulations for hotels. The Capri not only fulfills those but excels them.
- Environmental Certificates
- Social Engagement/Employees
- Local architecture from the 60s, typical for Vienna in this time
- Only local companies from Vienna and surroundings are being hired
- Use of local wood or the interior furbishment
- In 2015 exchange of the old oil heating system against a modern air / air warm pump system on the roof. The system with an inverter driven 3 conductor-VRF technology generates the right climate (heat and cooling) in the house and leads the processed airflows to a total of 93 inside devices with an overall performance of 250 kW. The innovative factor is that the warmth taken in a space, can be used in another space for heating. Moreover, water usually central chill and heating element is not used in a customary system, here.
- Process to replace all bulbs with power-saving LEDs
- Motion sensors in most public areas
- Power economizer in all hotel rooms, light and TV function only with room card
- Water and saving potentials are supervised regularly
- Vienna receives his drinking water from 2 high spring lines from the mountains and has an excellent water quality
- The used spring water is so clean that also the town does not have to purify the water
- Water saving toilet rinse
- No everyday change of the bedclothes and towels, unless at explicit wish of the guest
- Toiletries are ecological-certified
- Where possibly ecological friendly cleansing products
- Employees are trained
- Training of the employees in garbage separation and recycling
- No use of plastic
- The breakfast is according the motto Vienna, therefore many products from Austria are offered (Except for coffee, hot chocolate and some tea varieties. These are, however, produced by renowned local companies)
- The breakfast offer encloses some biological products, but the focus lies on regional and good quality of small producers. However, for these companies a bio-certification is often too expensive (e.g., for the juice farmers)
- Some Fair Trade products
- Education and continuing education are important factors, on this occasion the exchange with other hotels in Austria, Germany and Switzerland is supported for the employees
- If possible local employees are hired
- No discrimination, team at the hotel is international
- Regular support of the association of childhood cancer
- Engagement in the association for the stimulation of the Grätzels (part of town)