Ockerwitzer Allee 13 A
Dresden 01156, Germany
“simply beautiful - That is the natural and personal recipe that we would like to greet and spoil our guests with” Cornelia and Falk Schelzel
At the edge of the terrific art and culture city Dresden, a sustainable oasis of tranquility awaits you at einfach schön. Here, modern architecture meets romantic design. With loving attention to detail, the differently design themed rooms carry you off into the world of relaxation.
An outstanding modern designed wellness area as well as a fantastic outdoor area with an oxygen-enriched pool promise the perfect recreation. The fantastic garden area has been awarded with Saxony’s garden and landscape price.
It only takes a few minutes to the centre of Dresden, so why not pay a visit to the cultural classics of the city? Frauenkirche, Zwinger and Semperoper are always worth a visit! You may also cycle actively along the Elbe Cycle Route or enjoy a trip into the wonderful nature of Saxon Switzerland.
Discover the famous rugged landscape, the Table Mountains and gorges, on an unforgettable hike through the Elbe Sandstone Mountains. At the end of the day, warmth, tranquility, wellbeing and the cozy feeling to return home await you at einfach schön. The name says it all, here it is simply beautiful!
- Themed rooms in modern, romantic design
- Modern wellness area
- Award winning outdoor area with beautiful garden and pool area
- Convenient situation close to the city center of Dresden and the beautiful surrounding nature of Saxon Switzerland
- Warm, familiar atmosphere
being local - authentic experiences
The 11 differently designed rooms invite to relax. The special themed rooms and tastefully equipped suites combine a clear design with modern architecture and are furnished with natural materials.
- Water bungalow with water bed and rain shower made of jute and bast
- Africa lodge with teak wood bed and rain shower made of tropical granite
- Alpenchalet with zirbe wood furniture
- Tuscany room with Mediterranean atmosphere
- Romantiksuite with a romantic bathtub for 2 persons offering a view onto nature
- Mondtorsuite with own balcony and moon gate, through which you get to the freestanding tub
- Finnish sauna
- exclusive private sauna with panoramic view over the garden (for individual bookings)
- Kneipp basin
- Ying-Yang–Lounge for relaxing massages and aromatic baths
- oxygen-enriched outdoor pool
- Room for celebration and conferences
- Wine cellar
History and Philosophy
As a former market garden, the property of today’s einfach schön lodge was bought by Cornelia and Falk Schelzel in 1994. Originally from Dresden, the couple left the DDR in 1984 to start a new life in southern Bavaria.
10 years later, it took them back to the cultural city, where there was enough work for master roofer Falk Schelzel after the fall of the wall. Schelzel’s roofing company soon grew to have over 100 employees.
Everything went in an ordered course, until a disastrous fire changed the life plan of the Schelzel family. About two-thirds of the property were destroyed by the fire.
At ease with all your senses, finding peace, being in harmony with yourself – this is what einfach schön stands for. Sustainability and regionality are a matter of course for the Schelzels. Let yourself get spoilt in a sustainable way!
- Flora & Fauna
- Waste Management
- Social and Cultural Commitment
- Biologically constructed with regional, natural materials – timber frame construction, untreated knotty oak wood combined with Jurassic limestone, clay oven
- Old building parts are maintained and softly renovated with natural building materials
- Furnished with natural material – wood, stone, clay, no carpets
- Antiallergic natural products, natural bed combination and pure Bio bed systems by COCOMAT
- All rooms are – if desired – electrosmog reduced and equipped with mains disconnection relay
Flora and Fauna
- Award winning garden with local plants
- Grow own herbs in the garden
- Pest control without chemicals
- Protection of local flora while planning and building process of the hotel
- Grander water system
- Outdoor pool with Grander water, without chemicals but with pure oxygen
- Rain collection tank for watering of neighboring market garden
- Use of geothermal energy, heat pump
- For 2016 a solar energy system is planned
- Use of energy saving and LED light bulbs
- Motion detector and timer to save energy
- No plastic packing for toiletries
- Avoid waste by limited use of plastic
- Education and training of staff for waste separation and recycling
- Water conserving toilet flush
- Environmental-friendly toiletries
- Towels and bed linen are changed according to the needs and desires of the guest
- Environmental-friendly soap and cleaning products
- Bio and FairTrade products
- regional and saisonal food when possible
- Fresh Grander water in the whole hotel area
- In the new restaurant, fresh regional menus are prepared on weekends
- Member of SlowFood
Social and Cultural Commitment
- Regular trainings of employees
- Recruitment of local staff, if possible
- Support of Omse e.V. (non-profit association for life culture and community spirit)
- Integration of residents by hosting concerts and events that support the cultural diversity