Genießerhotel Die Forelle
Weissensee 9762, Austria
“Vacation at Genießerhotel Die Forelle is a feeling, an attitude to life. To take away.” Genießerhotel
Weissensee in Austria, the highest lake for bathing in the Alps, is home to Genießerhotel Die Forelle. The family run hotel is a place that promises boundless enjoyment where all areas are covered by an atmosphere of relaxed comfort.
The hosts' love for nature and a cozy and warm atmosphere cannot only be found in their hospitality, but also in the design of the hotel.
But also homemade bread made by the grandmother and with products of the small family farm, which is still run by the grandfather, enriches the culinary offer of the kitchen.
The hotel also provides a small health oasis with saunas, fitness and relaxation rooms, a steam room and massages; always accompanied by a view over the Weissensee Nature Park. The private beach area and the terrace overlooking the lake invite you to linger.
Due to its location on the Weissensee in Sonnenhochtal, the Genießerhotel "Die Forelle" offers its guests not only an informal and sustainable place to relax, but also a paradise for an active vacation in summer or winter all year round.
- Vacation at lake Weissensee in Austria, the highest lake for bathing in the Alps
- Vacation in a family-run hotel with welcoming hosts
- Private beach area
- Almost all rooms have a view onto the lake
- Kitchen with regional and seasonal ingredients
- Atmosphere of relaxed comfort
- Health oasis with view over the Weissensee Nature Park
- Paradise for an active vacation in summer and winter
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
The hotel offers 46 beds in different room categories:
- Water Lilies rooms (50 sqm, 2-4 persons)
- Magic Lake rooms (35-40 sqm, 2-4 persons)
- Sky Key rooms (26-28 sqm, 2 persons)
- Morning Dew rooms (26 sqm, 2 persons)
- Zoehrer-Suites Lime Blossom (40-50 sqm, 2-4 persons)
- Zoehrer-Suites Morning Sun (35 sqm, 2-3 persons)
- natural wood furniture, partially sleeping and living room, bathroom, toilet, balcony or terrace (most with lake view), flat screen TV, WiFi, hairdryer, safe & cosy blanket
> Suites also come with a minibar & electric kettle.
- All prices include 3/4 board: breakfast, snack for lunch & dinner
The Story and Philosophy
The tradition and history of the family run Genießerhotel “Die Forelle” begins 40 years ago. Here, at Weissensee in Kärnten, Erika and Hans Müller built the Breakfast Pension “Forelle”. In the 80s, the old farmhouse was renovated and new holiday apartments emerged.
Years later, in 2002, the Pension was reconstructed and finally became today’s Genießerhotel “Die Forelle”. Today, three generations work hand in hand to make the stay at the hotel an unforgettable sustainable experience.
Together with his wife Monika, the heart of the hotel, manager Hannes Müller has pushed lots of initiatives into movement. Hereby he enjoys the help and support of his parents Erika and Hans, as well as his three children Hanna, Moritz and Lorenz.
The renovated public restaurant area has been awarded persistently by restaurant guides, which led to the membership at JRE Europe in 2010.
In the same year, also the brand “generation conscience” was implemented for the Genießerhotel’s sustainable emphasis. Thanks to various initiatives, in 2015 the Genießerhotel “Die Forelle” was awarded to be the most sustainable business in Kärnten.
- Energy Management
- Water & Waste Management
- Architecture & Design
- Own woodchip heating to supply the hotel buildings with hot water and heating
- Wood comes from private forest land
- PV plant and additional use of natural power
- Several times a year, the hotel provides “unplugged” evenings where dinner is cooked without electricity and only on a wood stove
Water & Waste Management
- Sewage plant eliminates waste water
- Water of the lake Weissensee is not polluted by artificial fertilizers
- Water-saving toilet flushing
- Food waste is disposed of a biogas plant and further used to generate electricity
- Packaging of toiletries are organically degradable
Architecture & Design
- Use of local and environmentally friendly construction material
- Furniture and floors are made of natural wood
- The local architecture was obtained during renovation work
- Garden is operated by its own organic farm
- Herbs come from their own herb garden
- Bread, jams and pastries come from the farm operated by the grandparents
- Use of seasonal products whenever possible
- Products are sourced from regional producers
- Import self-sufficient food, recycling courts