Bad Birnbach 84364, Germany
“An experience between nature and architecture, in which human play the main role” Anja Horn und Erwin Rückerl, owner
1/2 hour away from Passau in South-East Germany you will find a small paradise for architecture and nature lovers – Hofgut Hafnerleiten in Bad Birnbach. The Lower Bavarian oasis focuses on individuality and a holistic concept for body and soul.
The small hotel awaits you with eleven individually and unique designed houses with maximum privacy at the lake, in the garden or at the edge of the woods. You may choose between different themed houses or the pond suite.
As the Hofgut finds his origin in culinary art, a great value is set upon healthy cuisine. Dining takes place at a long family table with Mediterranean charm that invites alle guests to get to know each other talk eat and drink together.
During daytime the fireplace invites to relax or you may decide to read a book on your own terrace. For those seeking wellness the different ‚wellness cubes’, invite to relax and the jump into the cold water of the lake after a Finnish sauna, or you may also take part in a cooking lesson by the host.
Hofgut Hafnerleiten is the ideal place to slow down and leave stress behind. No phones and TVs disturb the peaceful idyllic place. In addition, different premises on the property offer a setting for seminars, conferences, weddings, birthday parties and other festivities for up to 60 people.
- Be offline and enjoy a low-radiation vacation
- Rent your own theme house or exclusive holiday home
- Award winning architecture for an oasis of well-being
- Indulgence and culinary art
- Individuality and holism
- Barista and cooking classes
- Unique location for seminars, weddings and other festivities
- Located in Lower Bavaria's nature
- Treat yourself to some fine food made by the landlord and head chef personally
“The Hofgut Hafnerleiten fascinates with an outstanding, sustainable architecture.”
being local - authentic experiences
Approx. 40 sqm (open room concept), offered from two or three nights:
- Bootshaus (boat house)
- Wiesenhaus (meadows house)
- Hanghaus (slope house)
- Gartenhaus (garden-house)
- Wasserhaus (water house)
- Baumhaus (tree house)
- Terrassenhaus (terrace house)
approx. 45 sqm with its own pond
Exklusive Holiday Homes (Rottaler long houses)
approx. 70 sqm incl. large living room, kitchen, bunks & bathtub next to the fireplace:
- Haus am See (house at the lake)
- Haus am Feld (house at the field)
- Haus am Wald (house at the forrest)
- three-course menu in the evening on the family board with table wine & water (themed houses & pond suite)
- “bathrobe breakfast” in the own house (holiday homes with filled fridge)
- private terrace area
- earth sauna, Finnish sauna at the bath pond
- basket with apples, tea & well water
- hot-water bag
- a choice of wellness clothing & Crogs
- books & iPod stations
cellular network, radio, TV, electric smog at the roost, different price and season categories
A Lifetime Dream
The wonderful story of Hofgut Hafnerleiten
„For us, luxury means closeness to nature, rest and time. Hence, our guests live in their own small houses between ponds and trees.“
Hofgut Hafnerleiten in the middle of the Bavarian nature in Germany was founded in 2013.
In 1999, the professional chef and today’s landlord Erwin Rückerl opened the first cooking school in Lower Bavaria, after he discovered his love for the Mediterranean cuisine in Sardinia. In the following years, Erwin Rückerl and his wife Anja Horn-Rückerl, the good soul of the house, refined the original concept of the cooking school in South-East of Germany, whilst laying a focus onto combination of nature and living.
In 2005 another six themed houses were opened. In 2011 a close-to-nature wellness area was added; the so called wellness cubes’ have been awarded several times. In March 2013, the opening of the three exclusive vacation rentals, the Rottaler Langhäuser followed. The inner yard of the main house forms the heart of the property that invites to cook, eat and enjoy.
- Barista Seminar
“Culinary art is the spirit of Hofgut Hafnerleiten: sit together at a big table with all friends, having nice conversations pampered by a delicious meal and exquisite wine”.
Hofgut Hafnerleiten and its green Initiatives
- Architecture & Design
- Waste Management
- Radiation free
- Energy and Water
- Food and Production
Architecture & Design
- The property is sustainably planned
- During the planning period of the house, the owners worked together closely with landscape architects to realize the combination between architecture and nature
- The construction methods of the houses were adapted to the surrounding nature and the scenery
- For the interior as well as exterior design of the single houses only natural materials and and environmentally appropriate construction methods were used
- Wild hedges, meadows with scattered fruit trees, grasslands, set up of several ponds (different carp kinds, pond shells, bitterlings, common rudds, crayfish , etc.).
- Avoidance of waste during purchase, packaging material is taken back by the distributor when possible. Reusable packaging is preferred. Waste separation can be found everywhere.
- Kitchen: compostable waste is brought to the own compost, food (noodles, bread, rice , etc.) are given to the chickens. The rest is added to the organic waste collection bin.
- rooms: hand wash and bath additives in large packages, as well as handmade soap are available
- Service: cloth napkins instead of paper napkins, service plates instead of table linen
- Instruction and education of employees
- Recycling depot: paper, glass, recyclables etc.
- The hosts Erwin and Anja Rückerl focuse on a vacation without electric smog and offer the first radiation-free vacation home in Germany.
- The slope house received the high-class seal EMF “green electromagnetic”.
- The focus of the measurement was set on the bed area to guarantee a deep and stress free sleep to guests.
Energy and Water Consumption
- Water management: own well 90 meters deep for drinking water.
- Water treatment: all the wastewater is purified in the own membrane plant and is further used for lavatory flush and watering the garden.
- The own well feeds the ponds.
Food and Production
- Own garden (fruit, herbs, vegetables, nuts) that are used in the kitchen.
- Focus on regional producers:
- Currently, Hofgut Hafnerleiten is supplied with goat cheese, fruit brandy, juices and lamb by small manufacturers from the neighborhood.
- Delivery of food is combined. Only a few main suppliers for the whole purchase that minimizes weekly deliveries.