Balderschwang 87538, Germany
“The world down there is predominated by frantic stagnation. The world up here by reassuring change. It has always been like that.” Hotel HUBERTUS
Escape from daily routine into the airy heights of the Allgäu Mountains. 1044 m above sea level, the world seems to be a better place – at least here in Balderschwang, the smallest independent village of Bavaria in Germany.
In the alpine surrounding there is lots to discover and do during all seasons of the year - enjoy walks and hikes during summer, cross country skiing and ski fun in winter, and regenerating yoga retreats all year round. Enjoy the relaxing silence and recharge your batteries! Bring the day to a close in the classy and familiar atmosphere of the individual and creatively designed dining area. At HUBERTUS unplugged, every guest is treated as individual and the retreat will feel like home to you immediately.
In the alpine surrounding there is lots to discover and do during all seasons of the year - enjoy walks and hikes during summer, cross country skiing and ski fun in winter, and regenerating yoga retreats all year round. Enjoy the relaxing silence and recharge your batteries!
Bring the day to a close in the classy and familiar atmosphere of the individual and creatively designed dining area. At HUBERTUS unplugged, every guest is treated as individual and the retreat will feel like home to you immediately.
- Elegant architecture and individual design
- Authentic traditional experience
- 4 saunas, fitness area, and relaxation room
- Great views on surrounding alpine nature
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- The 41 rooms of HUBERTUS unplugged are captivating due to their comfort and exclusive facilities
- Categories: Suite, Junior Suite, Deluxe, Comfort, Classic
- Modern rooms in reduced design and traditional style
- Balcony / terrace depending on the room category
- „Zum alten Schulhaus“ is located next to the HUBERTUS unplugged
- separate rooms
- Living room with tiled stove
- organic breakfast until 10:30 am
- Diversified cuisine for dinner
Wellness & Fitness
- 4 different saunas
- Fitness area with cardio and strength training equipment
- Daily changing programs, such as yoga, Tai Chi, Flexibar etc.
- Free hiring of walking sticks, snow shoes, gaiters, sleighs and HUBERTUS backpacks including drinking bottle
- Free ski shuttle to ski lifts
- Allgäu-Walser Card: free and reduced rates for services at cross-country ski trails, ski bus, mountain railway, ski lifts
- Drying room for ski equipment and shoes
History & Philosophy
Since 60 years, guests of Balderschwang find a refugee and a home at hotel HUBERTUS. The history starts with Karl and Walter Traubel’s father, who realized his dream of his own gastronomy in Balderschwang.
Together with his wife, he invested time, money and heart and soul in the project and soon the hotel became a well visited retreat that became dear to its guests. When the father died, Karl and his brother Walter took over HUBERTUS.
At first, the idea did not find any understanding among the bankers, which endangered the idea. An organization supports the concept and treatment rooms and the extension of the guest area soon became reality.
Today, hotel HUBERTUS is famous and popular for its well-being and treatment methods. The venue combines tradition and modernity, the sparseness of a farming culture characterizes the atmosphere and linear design defines the picture.
Maintaining the regional context and culture is equally important as the fusion with nature through utilization of local wood elements. The hotel addresses foremost those guests that attach importance to reduction and simplicity as well as on being perceived as individual.
Engage in the unique Lust for Life concept and improve your well-being and vital energy. The concept is based on daily individual applications within the modules Healing, Recreation, Nutrition, Movement, Mental as well as Beauty and aesthetic.
You would like to achieve alteration in your life? The health training of HUBERTUS brings body and soul in line. Through professional advice you will be develop a training routine, learn relaxation techniques, activate the metabolism and improve your breathing – sustainably also for everyday life after vacation.
- Water Management
- Social and Cultural Commitment
- Sustainable heating technology with pellets
- Efficient heating and ventilation system
- Energy limiting device Sicotronic
- Measurement system for optimal regulation of energy
- Almost perfect insulation
- Values of a passive houses
- Regional energy
- Wifi disconnected over night for a restful sleep
- Floor and staircase made from oak wood
- Relaxation room and kitchen granite was used for tiles
- 100% recyclable material
- Down bed linen Dr. Metz
Food & Products
- Seasonal and regional products
- Information and list of distributors of the products
- Bacon, cheese and milk products are taken from Senn alps that surround the hotel
- Bread specialties from local baker
- Liquor from the region
- „Traubels Speiss“ a place at hotel HUBERTUS, where – together with the chef – guests can taste and take home finest specialties from the region
- Exclusive use of Grander water in the whole hotel area including the pool
- Spring water with original pine wood ball in restaurants and all rooms
Social and Cultural Commitment
- Member of Leaders club
- Support of the Hofgut Cusanus, which generates jobs for people with disabilities
- Sponsoring member of
- Organization of readings