Baiersbronn-Mitteltal 72270, Germany
“Selfness is a longing for security, stability, inner balance, self-reflection, vitality, a sense of home.” Hotel Lamm Mitteltal
In midst the wonderful landscape of the Black Forest, Naturhotel Lamm welcomes you in Mitteltal. Host family Klumpp/Holl invites you to sustainably relax in the cozy atmosphere of the hotel, to leave the daily routine behind and switch off everyday life.
To enjoy harmoniously and to get in touch with your inner self - this is what it is all about at the selfness hotel. With the own "wellness village," Hotel Lamm offers a special relaxation program.
Next to complete relaxation, the traditional property in the best wooded area of Baden-Wurttemberg warmly invites you to adventure and discovery tours in the Black Forest region.
From Hotel Lamm, you can start directly into the surrounding idyll and experience one thing in particular: pure nature! Europe’s most extensive hiking trail network is waiting to be discovered. Breathe deeply and enjoy the exceptionally fresh air at Baiersbronn-Mitteltal!
- selfness hotel
- located in the exceptional nature of the Black Forest
- Black Forest Bathhouse with rustic bath tub
- bio, log cabin and mill wheel sauna
- treatments in accordance with Rosen Method
- regional cuisine in the hotel owned restaurant
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 46 rooms in typical Black Forest ambience or romantic country house style
- Various categories of single rooms, double rooms and family suites
- Indoor swimming pool (6x12m, 28°C) with counter- current system and light effects
- Wellness village of well-being with log cabin sauna, mill wheel sauna, as well as the unique Black Forest Bath House
- Spa area with steam bath, infrared cabins and bio sauna
- Fireplace room
- Coffee- and sun terrace
- Restaurant with regional delicacies
History and Philosophy
The traditional history of today’s Hotel Lamm starts over 200 years ago at Mitteltal in the Black Forest. Once upon a time, the little brewery Lamm, including beer serving and distillery, could be found at this very spot.
In 1926, Katharina Klumpp took over the business, which was converted to a hotel property. Ever since, the Hotel Lamm Mitteltal is owned by the family.
From 1952, Katharina’s son Ernst and his wife Gertrud welcomed guests at the hotel, replaced by their son Ernst Klumpp Junior, who manages the hotel since 1976. Today, host Katrin Holl welcomes guest with a warm smile, also.
In the course of generations, the property has changed and grown, as well. After the first reconstruction in 1956, the main house was complemented by a guest house in 1976.
Today, Naturhotel Lamm can be considered a pioneer in the positioning as selfness hotel and stands for harmonic and relaxing body and soul pleasures. Over centuries, guests have valued the balance between luxury, cosiness and sustainability.
- Waste Management
- Environmental Protection
- Premium pellets for log cabin sauna are environmental-friendly and with newest technical standards produced from 100% native softwood
- Own birch wood for fireplace
- Installation of two cogeneration units for electricity production; the generated energy is used for heating and hot water supply
- Heat recovery from multi compressor refrigeration system for warm water supply
- Photovoltaic system on hotel roof
- Energy optimization system to control energy demand of devices that are the main consumers of energy ( e.g. saunas, kitchen devices, laundry)
- Energy-saving lamps and LEDs
- Motion detector in hotel floors and partly toilets
- Conscious renunciation of minibars
- Radiators can be regulated individually by heating thermostats, needs-based control of heater through outdoor temperature sensor
- At final cleaning of the rooms, each radiator is switched to a minimum
- Historic architecture is sustained and complemented with modern elements
- Use of natural material, such as wood
- Focus on seasonal and regional cuisine
- Preference of regional products to bio certified ones that are packed in plastic with long delivery ways
- ca. 80% of products origin from farmers and suppliers of immediate surrounding region, e.g. dairy products, meat, fish, juices, jam, fruits, potatoes, coffee, beer and wine
- Use of natural, regional bath essences and natural cosmetics in spa area
- Water-saving shower heads, water stop switch for toilets and flow limiter in wash basins
- Aim to lower the annual water consumption of 5.409 m³ to a minimum without limiting comfort
- “intelligent” washing machines adapt water needs to filling quantities
- Water from two ground water tanks is used for watering the park
- Use of Chlorine granulate instead of Chlorine bleaching for disinfection of the swimming-pool
- the granulate is mixed with the water only when required; it is dry, higher concentrated material that weighs less and hence saves freight costs
- use of high-quality recycling toilet paper
- environment-oriented, responsible contact with hazardous materials
- Purchase cleaning materials from certified supplier, who focuses on resource efficiency and sustainability in his company philosophy
- Conversion to an enzyme cleaner used for the dishwasher – thereby starch is diminished in a natural manner and the needed amount of cleaning product is diminished by about 30%
- Eco-friendly mobility is encouraged
- Guests and their luggage are picked up from railway station Baiersbronn when arriving by train
- KONUS guest card enables free use of local public transport
- bicycles are available at the hotel and can be lent free of charge
- since 2012, e-bikes can be rented at the hotel, 5 hours free of charge with the guest card „Schwarzwaldplus“
- Environmental management and Audit Scheme certification: covers all environmental aspects, such as the improvement of environmental achievement beyond legal environmental demands, communication towards the public, inclusion of the employees, etc.