Leitlhof - Dolomiten
South Tyrol, Sextner Dolomites
Innichen 39038, Italy
“The hotel’s own wood power station, which produces electricity with wood chips from our own forest, contributes significantly to our almost CO2 neutral record.” Family Mühlmann
Your vacation at the green wellness hotel "Leitlhof-Dolomiten" in the Pustertal in South Tyrol, Italy, begins straight at your arrival. You are being welcomed in the cozy atmosphere of the lobby area; the smell of Zirbenholz, comfortable sofas and crackling open fire invites you to feel home.
Enjoy the light and superior culinary combination of the Mediterranean and Alpine cuisine. The quietness of the spa and wellness area and the comfortable rooms contribute to your rest. Feel at home at your vacation in South Tyrol.
- Vacation in the relaxing atmosphere in the Hochpustertal
- Summer - and Winter hotel
- Trekking, Skiing, Biking
- Wellness vacation
- Enjoy local products from the very own farm
being local - authentic experiences
Book via Green Pearls® and benefit
Support sustainable travel worldwide and receive a benefit.
Save your exclusive Green Pearls® offer now:
Make a reservation through our website or book directly at Hotel Leitlhof with the code “Green Pearls” and enjoy a partial massage with arnica oil whereby your tensions are released and your muscles revitalized (Duration: 25 minutes)!
Rooms & Amenities
- 55 rooms:
with bath or shower / WC, bathrobe, wellness package with bath slippers and bath towels, Sat TV, minibar, safe
- Wellness area:
Indoor swimming pool with sole water, integrated jacuzzi, countercurrent arrangement and a connection with the outside pool Sauna Scenery:
- herbal sauna, Turkish steam bath, sole bath, 2 block saunas in outside area, Kneippbecken, massage shower, rest area, relaxation room
serving local menus, 1 Bar Lounge, Wine Cellar
Leitlhof – Dolomiten and its philosophy
Family Mühlmann has found innovative ways to take part actively in the climate protection. There are initiatives like the use of local products from the region and of the in-house garden, the own wooden power station delivers ecological stream and thermal energy for the whole hotel. Besides that, the required minced meat shreds come from the close surroundings.
“We wanted to find ways to be able to supply ourselves energy-technically independently,” says Stephan Mühlmann, Junior Manager at the sustainable Leitlhof – Dolomiten and “the head” behind the energy turn at the green ans eco-friendly hotel.
“We are now the second climate-neutral hotel company in South Tyrol, Italien, with a CO² balance which is unique. In spite of the hotel extension, the CO² output was reduced by around one third.”
Leitlhof – Dolomiten and its green Initiatives
The Leitlhof situated in the Hochpustertal supports the environment, and combines local products, naturalness and logical environment-consciousness. For the family Mühlmann the protection of the environment is in the foreground hence they reduced their CO2 emission to a minimum.
- Energy Consumption
Climate-neutral hotel in South Tirol.
- Natural interior: guests sleep in pure cotton bedclothes.
- The furniture is made out of local wood.
- The natural mucky plaster on the walls contribute to a good room climate
- Avoidance of varnished surfaces
- The Pfitscher silver quartzite was inserted in the modern-traditional design
- The Leitlhof is energy-self-sufficient.
- Electricity and heat are usually the main causes for CO2 emissions within every company.
- Electricity and heat are produced in an own log heat and power station, directly in Innichen. Wood chips are being used from the own forest at the power station.
- On the power station’s roof there are solar panels installed, to additionally support the energy balance.
In the Leitlhof guests are spoilt by chef Hermann Patzleiner and his team with the highest quality. The culinary team considers the wishes of the guests, but also the impacts on the environment when creating the dishes. Hence, it places a lot of value in to the origin and freshness of the used products.
Predominantly fresh, regional and biological products are bought and used from organic farming. This saves long ways of delivery for imported and not seasonal ingredients.
The near Mühlhof just some hundred meters away is the agricultural farm of the hotel and is managed by Stephan, the son of the family Mühlmann.
- The fresh biology-lamb meat comes directly from the traditional sheep farming of the biological Mühlhof
- Herbs and vegetables are homegrown in the gardens
- Own jams, liqueurs, as well as cream cheese are produced at the hotel
- Many ingredients and specialities in the Leitlhof kitchen are sourced from regional companies and courts
Over the past 2.5 years, Stephan Mühlmann has acquired an important know-how about wood strength and also the daily work with the wood-fired power plant has brought him many insights and contributes to continuous optimization of the plant.
The system is unique in Europe, for those interested including school groups it is possible to get a tour and Stephan Mühlmann answers all questions.