Regione Roglietto 15
Badalucco (IM) 18010Italy
“In the heart of ,Valley Argentina', the home of the high-quality olive Taggiasca, you will find an oil mill transformed in a temple of peace, naturalness and design.” l'Adagio
Agriturismo L'Adagio - a farm, located in the middle of the olive groves of the Ligurian village Badalucco in Italy close to the Ligurian Sea, which attends plenty of history, culture and traditional cuisine in excellent restaurants.
Overall, the farm offers five suites, spread over two levels and furnished with different interior styles (elegant, ethnic, modern, minimalist, Provençal) and four spacious rooms, which involve the four natural elements water, air, earth and fire as furnishing themes.
With the same passion that Rosella and Franco Boeri manage L’Adagio, they also run their ‚teaching farm‘ on which they give an understanding about the production of olive oil and the origin of our organic foods for students.
- Nine different designed suites and rooms
- Elegant beauty and spa area
- Spacious garden with numerous seating options and barbecue area
- Use of own brand products out of the self-produced ‚ROI’ olive oil'
- Located in the middle of olive groves in the Valley Argentinia in Liguria
- Teaching Farm for students
“Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is best to describe the philosophy of l'Adagio”
being local - authentic experiences
- elegant, ethnic, modern, minimalist or Provençal interior design
- one handicapped accessible suite with sofa bed and bathroom on the ground floor
- all suites spread over two levels and are furnished with living and sleeping area, kitchen, TV, Air con, balcony and WLAN
- interior design involves the four natural elements water, air, earth and fire
- furnished with sleeping area, fridge, coffee machine, TV, air conditioner, WLAN
Suites and rooms for self-caterer: Filled fridge with local products and fresh bread rolls every morning.
The antecedents of the agriturismo l’Adagio
The Boeri family first became involved with olive oil production in the year 1900, when Giuseppe took out a two-year lease on one of the olive mills in Valley Argentina, Liguria, Italy.
This marked the beginning of a long journey, which has continued to the present day. The journey Giuseppe began, is continued by Franco and his father Pippo who devote all their time and passion to the family olive mill.
Several years later, Rosella bought the old farm house in Badalucco which belonged to her mothers’ family and renovated it.
Today, agriturismo l’Adagio accommodates visitors of the Azienda Agricola Gaaci and other guests. Rosella and her husband Franco welcome guests from all over the world in their nine, different designed suites and rooms.
ROI Oliv Production
Since 1986, an exclusive range of extraordinary olive oil, as well as exquisite cremes are produced under the family brand „ROI“. The olives used for production are only from organic treated olive groves that we neither processed with pesticides nor with herbicides. Some olives are also bought from other land owner that are not biological.
Growing at steep hillsides, the olive grade Taggiasca are harvested in tedious manual work from October to February.
Following, the leftovers of the olive fruits are again squeezed out for the production of animal food. The olive nucleus also find a use – they are used as heating material for the pellet heating system of the farm house.
- Architecture & Design
- Energy and Heating
- Environmental Protection
- Food and Production
Architecture & Design
The first house was built around 1900 while the second house is older It was found inside the house, an old stone for the mill from 1669. The external wall could be kept while the inside had to be rebuilt.
The old material from the mill was used to do chairs on the terrace.
Near the wellness center a natural small pond was built that is being fed from the water of the nearby river.
Energy and Heating
- Use of a pellet heating system that is heated by olive stones as a waste product of the olive oil production
- LED bulbs
- Use of olive leaves as fertilizer
- Donkeys to eat grass and to fertilize the olive groves
Food and Production
- Use of own brand beauty products out of ‚ROI’ olive oil for spa treatments
- Use of local, in Badalucco produced products for breakfast (for example yoghurt, bread , etc.)
- Organic and untreated fruits and vegetables, grown in the own garden