Behnitzer Dorfstraße 29
Nauen 14641, Germany
“Whoever walks through the imposing red, old brick building with the big sandstone figures, enters a magical place.”
The sustainable hotel Landgut Stober is situated in the midst of a picturesque park landscape in Havelland by the "Groß Behnitzer See" approx. 20 km from Berlin. It was first mentioned in 1173 and is an old manor which was carefully restored.
Guests can choose between the "Bio Hotel" and the "Logierhaus". The "Bio Hotel" was built in 2012 on the foundation walls of a barn and is one of the most sustainable hotels in Europe. It is the first "bio-certified" hotel of Brandenburg.
Try delicious seasonal, regional and organic dishes in the restaurant "Seeterrassen" and enjoy the beautiful view of the lake with a good glass of German wine.
- Historical protected building
- Individual Arrangements
- Top restaurant with view on the beautiful lake
- Most sustainable privately-run hotel of Germany 2013/2014
- Among the 15 best Convention hotels in Germany
- First bio certified hotel in Berlin/Brandenburg
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms and Amenities
- 82 Double Rooms and 20 Suites – Biohotel
- 23 Double Rooms and 3 Suites – Logierhaus
- 3 wheelchair accessible rooms
- Free Wifi and central Safe
- Satellite TV with DVD-Player and Radio
- Organic bed linen, organic terry towels, Fair Trade toiletries and cosmetics
- Restaurant “Seeterasse”
- Wellness area
The Story behind Landgut Stober
About 1800 the District Authority Peter Alexander von Itzenplitz had a mansion built by the “Großes Behnitzer See” near Berlin, Germany. In 1866, due to persistent mismanagement and high indebtedness the property was passed over to the Borsig family.
Under the direction of Albert Borsig the mansion was enlarged by further buildings and was formed to a model agribusiness, that took advantage of the most modern technologies.
In 2000, Michael Stober, contractor for restoration of old buildings and former art photographer acquired the estate and saved it from decay. He was actually searching for a home for himself but when he first saw the property he knew that it was a magical place “I stood here and felt it”.
Hofladen at Landgut Stober
open Sat. and Sun. from 11 am to 5pm
The small store in the old granary is a confidential tip in the Havel’s county. Here you can find regional specialities such as venison sausage and Linumer apple juice as well as unusual, personal gift ideas. Come and be surprised!
- Juices of the Linumer farm – with love and handmade
- Cheese from the Hof -Käserei Paaren in Glien
- Venison sausage from Richard’s game
- wheels produce emotions. wheels and design
- Design is the poetry of things
- Selfsewed clothes for children of Min lillemor
Landgut Stober Green Initiatives
- Innovative Operations
- Energy and Water Consumption
- Use of oak boards with 20% of blend savings
- “Eatable” carpet made nearly 100% out of corn in the hotel halls
- Electrosmog reduced rooms, without W-Lan and with own Internet connection
Energy and Water Consumption
- Photovoltaic system with 72 kW / H peak power, the system produces more then used.
- Two pellet heating installations with together 1,000 kW power heat the whole property.
- The 12.5 ha big forrest provide for a considerable reduction of the anyway quite good CO2 balance
- Wood heating.
- All WC’s run in general through rainwater secondary circulations.
Handmade beds and organic bed linen with 90% of down filling provide for the well-being of the guests. The mattresses come from one of the world-best manufacturers COCOMAT and are made out of India rubber, organic-cotton, sea grass and coconut palm.
Landgut Stober now has a charger for electric cars available for the guests.