Langenburg 74595, Germany
“Completely natural, authentic, comfortable – simply Mawell.“” Wolfgang Maier, Building Contractor, Hotel Owner, Visionary
Authenticity, naturalness & sustainability, three attributes which describe perfectly the unique atmosphere of the Mawell Resort.
Experience "Back to the nature“ at the Mawell Resort in Langenburg, Hohenlohe. The resort with its fantastic panoramic view is built directly in unspoiled nature, the careful handling of nature is in the foreground. The owner feels linked to his native country and thus primarily the materials which originate from the region like oak, mussel lime and law marble were used for the construction.
Find yourself, escape from everyday stress, charge your batteries at a power place and all that in the meditative surrounding of intact nature, this is probably the most succinct description of the Mawell Resort.
- 4500 m2 large wellness area embedded in million of years old rock
- 200 m high deck above the valley with sauna and pool
- Infinity pool
- Panoramic view on the Jagd-valley
- Wellness in harmony with nature
- Use of natural and regional resources
- Authenticity, nature and sustainability
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 64 Rooms with three categories: Comfort, Deluxe, Superior (from approx. 31 to 40 m ²)
- Suite with approx. 89 m ²
- 4500 m2 large wellness area
- Indoor and outdoor fitness area on the rooftop
- Two restaurants: Restaurant with panoramic view and Restaurant „Genussmanufaktur Tenne“ with show-cooking
- WLAN at the entire hotel
- Parking area directly located at the hotel
- Free of barriers
How it began
From 1962 till the end of 2007 the „Verein für Evangelische Familiendörfer in Württemberg accommodated families and offered a variety of leisure possibilities for the vacation in the midst of unspoiled nature under the name „Feriendorf Roseneck“.
In 2008 the local enterpreneur Wolfgang Maier acquired the property, that had to be sold for economic reasons. His vision was the development of a sustainable hotel concept offering an unique wellness experience in the midst of the Hohenloher nature.
In September 2013, after five years of construction work the resort welcomed its first guests. The concept is strictly based on a sustainable philosophy and relies on regenerative energy from local sources. The procurement as well as the processing of the used materials is regional, e.g. the oak and birchwood comes from the own forest property of Wolfgang Maier.
All started here. Nature is the basic for the unique wellness concept of the Mawell Resort. The principle is to work with and not against nature. Width parts of the 4500 m ² spa area are located in the midst of a millions year old landscape of stones into which the wellness area was integrated.
The old stone provides a feeling of sublimity. Powerfully and still smooth. Body and mind are united. The panoramic windows open the view to nature and the landscape of Hohenlohe. Wellness in harmony with nature is a perfect symbiosis in the Mawell Resort.
- Infinity pool in the woods
- Natural pool with a pavilion to rest and biosphere sauna outside
- Deck on the tower with pool and sauna
- Rock area with wood sauna, hunter’s sauna and steam sauna
- Salt caves with salt pool and graduation house
- Ice wells with experience shower
- Designed rest areas
- Wellness slope in the outside area
Private sauna areas:
- Fireplace with tea and water station
- Private spa suite with Whirlpool, infrared cabin and barrel sauna
- Sauna-Nests: combination of living space and wellness space with sauna, couch surface and private terrace and big window facades
The Green Initiatives of Mawell Resort
- Mawell Resort
- Energy Consumption
- Water Management
- Social Engagement
Mawell Resort and Sustainability
- Integration of the hotel concept in the surrounding nature
- Create consciousness for the nature and added value for the region
- Regional building materials
- Oak & birchwood from own wood
- Natural rock approx. 250 million years old, mussel lime, law rock & loam
- Own energy supply
- Cogeneration system (500 kW – peak load cover corresponds to a saving of 800,000 l of fuel oil)
- Gas fermentation system – microgas line / BHKW directly in the location; direct conversion on site performs 400 kW el (The rejected heat is used in the resort) surplus energy is ised for the outdoor swimming pool Ladenburg, school, town hall, kindergarten and Innopark)
- 6 Electric cars
- Water Treatmant Plant with ultrafiltration
- Use of rain and well water
- Regional food
- Cooperation with regional farmers and suppliers
- Own herb garden
Training and education of 2 female refugees from Albania