Oetz Valley, Tyrol
Längenfeld 6444, Austria
“Welcome to our jewel made of wood, glas and stone, where hospitality, passion and enthusiasm for the nature are home.” Family Auer
At first it was a dream, then a vision and in 2004, finally, reality – the prize-winning, green and eco-friendly Naturhotel Waldklause.
In the midst of the Oetz Valley in Tyrol, Austria the hoteliers family Auer created a jewel of wood, glass and stone. The low energy house does not only meet modern ecological expectations but also highest aesthetically standards.
- Innovital Kitchen * - healthy and tasty regional and seasonal dishes that at the same time help to detoxicate the body
- Barefoot Path - Nature to see and feel
- Nature Spa - organic products
- Panoramic view over the magnificent alpine scenery of the Oetz valley
“The guests will find all their high ecological, wellness and individual expectations satisfied.”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 54 rooms and suites, based on the principles of Feng Shui
- Every room has an own spring water well
- Nature spa with five treatment rooms, tree sauna, Finnish sauna, organic-herb sauna, steam bath, roof top garden, Generous rest and relaxation room, outside pool, sole jacuzzi with mountain view, a new gym, steam baths & yoga studio
- Restaurant with terrace
- Naturhotel indulgence program (richly varied breakfast buffet, afternoon snack, 5-course gourmet menu)
- 1 conference room 60 square metres
Once upon a time…
Or a dream come true….
What now is known as a unique place in Tyrol, Austria for people seeking quietness and nature once, was a small camping ground. The camping ground was founded by Agnes and Ferdinand Auer (the parents of the todays owner Edmund Auer) in summer 1957.
Back then guests vacationed in their tents and caravans in front of the impressive mountain scenery and consumed self made dishes and drinks on folding chairs and tables.
In the end of the 1970s guests did not only come for summer holiday, but also started visiting the Oetz Valley Alps in winter. With the increasing number of guests family Auer decided to open the Restaurant Waldklause in 1988.
However, only five years later the restaurant burnt down to the foundation walls. But family Auer did not break down by this blow of fate and five month later opened the new „Pizzeria Waldklause “. Bigger and nicer, with an excellent kitchen that attracted guests far beyond the borders of the Oetz Valley and Tyrol.
In 2004 together with the architect Markus Kastl and the management consultant and brother-in-law Josef Knabl, family Auer created their dream of wood, glass and stone- the green and eco-friendly Naturhotel Waldklause in Austria was
Naturhotel Waldklause Green Initiatives
- Wellness Products
Dishes are made of fresh herbs, fruits, vegetables and regional organic products. There are no regulations and everybody has their own food timetable.
The Naturhotel Waldklause is a low energy house. All rooms are equipped with spring water wells and are free of radiation. The room temperature is extremely pleasant, because the wood stores a lot of humidity and continuously delivers this to the room air.
A new architecture made of one material and special wall coverings, like zeolite colors, create a unique and healthy indoor climate.
The interiors delightfully smell of the most different species of wood: home wood fir, larch, zirbe and spruce . Warm natural shades combined with freshly colored textiles create a special well-being atmosphere.
For treatments massage oils, creams, poultices and cosmetic products which are 100% natural are used. All processes in the hotel try to avoid Co2 emissions.