Reethi Faru Resort
“The history starts on the small island Filaidhoo on the Maldives – an untouched jewel in the Raa atoll. The beach, the palms and the lush vegetation amaze the visitors – is this real?” Reethi Faru Resort
The newly built Reethi Faru Resort lies on the idyllic island Filaidhoo in the Raa Atoll and will be opened in November 2017. You can reach the island by seaplane at 45 minutes or you decide for the 20-minute domestic flight and subsequent speedboat transfer (30 minutes) to Dharavandhoo.
- Maximum protection of the environmnent
- Spacious mostly detached villas guaranteeing privacy
- House reef only 30 - 80m from the beach
- Various sport offers like diving, water sports, tennis, squash, badmininton, aerobic
- Outdoor and indoor spa
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
Garden Villas: approx. 49 square meters, mostly detached villas in the midst of tropical vegetation, optional King Size bed (2 m x 2 m) or two single beds, air-conditioning, sitting area, half-open bathroom and rain shower
Family Garden Villas: approx. 126 square meters, 2 separate bedrooms connected with a common room, optional king size bed (2 m x 2 m) or two single beds, air-conditioning, half-open bathroom
Deluxe Beach Villas: approx. 64 square meters, free-standing on the beach with king size bed (2 m x 2m) or two single beds, spacious sitting area, half-open bathroom, rain shower, terrace with sea view
Family-Deluxe-Beach-Villas: approx. 147 square metres, free-standing on the beach, 2 separate bedrooms connected with a common room, optional king size bed (2 m x 2m) or two single beds, air-conditioning, half-open bathroom, terrace with sea view
Deluxe-Jacuzzi-Beach-Villa: approx. 68 square metres, free-standing on the beach, king size bed (2 m x 2m) or two single beds, to spacious sitting area, half-open bathroom, with rain shower and bath, terrace Jacuzzi and sea view
Water villas: approx. 78 square metres, free-standing, built on stilts over the lagoon, optional king size bed (2 m x 2m) or two single beds, spacious sitting area, half-open bathroom with rain shower and bath, terrace with direct access to the lagoon
Spa centre with inside and outside massage area
Fitness centre, Dive base (S.C.U.B.A/SSI/PADI) further sport offers: windsurfing, kitesurfing, catamaran sailing, banana, water-ski, canoeing, 2 tennis courts, squashcourt as well as 2 badminton-hall places
Reethi Faru Resort and its green philosophy
Passion and desire was the main motivation to create a unique spot that functions as a meeting point for nature, comfort and style. The maintenance regarding sustainability and protecting the environment is an important factor for the owners of Reethi Faru. Thus the resort constantly aims to increase the standard of its policies concerning conservation.
„Main keys to success, in a place where even the smallest activity may create a disproportionate reaction, are the addressing of environmental issues, as well as the raising of awareness and taking positive action.“
- Energy & Water
- Waste management
- Social Engagement
Newly build in compliance with the protection of the environment
Energy & Water
- In addition to the generators use of Photovoltaic. To avoid batteries the power produced is fed directly into the main power source.
- The RO (reverse osmosis) plants have an inbuilt Energy Recovery System to increase its efficiency.
- Organic treatment of sewage water to be used for irrigation purposes
- Hot water production through Heat Exchange, drawing residual energy from running power generators to supply the whole island and for the laundry drier room. (Therefore no heaters and commercial dryers are needed)
- Power-Keys installed in all rooms and a request for the reuse of towels and bed linen as industry standard
- Use of LED lights all over the resort
- Production of BIO GAS from nearly all of our daily food waste. All the kitchens will be supplied with this gas.
- Bottling of resort’s own drinking water in re-usable glass bottles.
- Avoiding the use of plastic straws and plastic bags (in all the outlets and rooms)
- Re-fillable toiletries
- Efficient “RRR” (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) Waste Management, centering on raising awareness among staff and local communities
- Recyclable materials segregated and compacted for shipping
- Emphasis on purchasing local products
- Aiming to give support and assistance to neighboring communities with various projects.
- Tree planting for guests on Reethi Faru
- Annual draw among local staff to fund one Hajj pilgrimage
- Aiming to provide support and assistance to other international social and environmental projects.
- Completely chemical-free mosquito control
- Neem and Citronella oil used as pest repellents
- Biodegradable, phosphate-free cleaning products