Drachselsried 94256, Germany
“It is our aim that our guests feel at home and enjoy their best days of the year” Refugium Lindenwirt
The 4-star hotel Refugium Lindenwirt is located in Drachselsried in the Bavarian Forest, close to the hiking and skiing area 'Großer Arber' in Germany. Vacation at the Refugium Lindenwirt stands for well-being and regeneration.
The approach to a holistic health concept is also reflected in the philosophy of the traditional hotel, which is based on nutrition, exercise, food, rest and well-being, as well as on a responsible resource management and a sustainable thinking.
For the hotel’s design the emphasis was a natural and modern architecture. During your stay at Refugium Lindenwirt, a healthy and fresh kitchen, an extensive 2,500 square meters wellness area, a natural bath pond as well as numerous leisure possibilities in the nearby vicinity awaits you.
The offer of the Tilia spa reaches from classical massages to beauty treatments and nutrition counseling as well as detoxification programs and special wellness offers for children. Also, the sauna area of the wellness and family hotel invites with a log cabin sauna, mud sauna, brine steam bath, sanarium with light therapy, steam grotto and a jacuzzi to relax.
An extensive sport and active program with yoga courses, water gymnastics, guided walk, bike and ski tours complement the varied offer of the hotel Refugium Landwirt in Bavaria.
- Close-to-nature and modest architecture
- Familiar atmosphere
- 2.500 square meters wellness area
- Natural bath pond
- Extensive sauna and beauty area
- Varied sport and active program
- Ideal for wellness vacations with and without children
- Ideal for hiking or skiing holidays in the Bavarian Forest
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
60 rooms and 3 family apartments (that are all named after domestic garden plants)
28-40 m², double room with a bedroom and comfortable living area with (walk-in) wardrobe, phone, radio, TV, safe, terrace or balcony. Each Bathroom with shower or bathtub, hairdryer and make-up mirror, the toilet is separate.
3 family apartments
60 m², one or two-storied family apartment, with two separate bedrooms, comfortable living area, phone, radio, TV, safe and balcony. Two baths each offer shower (bathtub), WC, hairdryer and make-up mirror.
The Story of Refugium Lindenwirt
A farm in Drachselried near Bodenmais, located in the middle of the Bavarian Forest of Germany – this is the origin of Refugium Lindenwirt. Altogether, the hotel known today can look back on an over 60-year old history.
Back then, the grandfather, Alois Geiger, led the farm with an adjoining agriculture that he registered as a hospitality enterprise. After a short time, Lindenwirt developed to a popular retreat for hikers and walkers passing by. In the following years, the inn had been renovated and refurbished several times.
Following the company takeover by grandson Christian Geiger in 2002, small reconstruction work was done again. In 2008, Christian and his wife Maria decided to close the family and wellness hotel for a short period and let it undergo a complete renovation process.
Hence, the tradition and nature of the Bavarian Forest can be felt throughout all the corners of the hotel. Family Geiger warmly takes care of their guests. Christian Geiger joins his guests as a personal hiking guide showing nature and relaxation scenery of the Bavarian Forest from his very own perspective.
- Food & Products
- Energy Management
- Water & Waste Management
- Social Responsibility
Food & Products
- Tea is sourced from certificated organic tea houses
- Coffee is sourced only from ‚Fair Trade‘
- Fresh Food is largely sourced from regional organic farmings
- Fish is mainly sourced from MSC haul
- Nnatural makeup without parabens and additives
- Table linen, napkins and beddings correspond to organic quality
- Use of eco-friendly, biological detergent and cleaning agent
- Use of LED lamps to reduce energy consumption
- Use of motion detectors and timers to avoid unnecessary energy consumption
- 50% of the energy consumption is produced by a heating plant which is pursued with wood chips from the own forest
Water & Waste Management
- Taps of the hotel are pursued with mountain spring water from the privat water source ‚Lindenwirt Waldquelle‘
- Due to the high quality of the own spring water, it is also used as drinking water
- Separation and environmentally appropriated disposal of waste
- Avoidance of plastic packages to reduce unnecessary waste
The hotel Refugium Lindenwirt takes part in the project „Social Responsibility – Investment in der Hotellerie“ („Social Responsibility – Investment in the hotel industry“), a touristic human rights organization from the Salzburg in Austria.
The Hotel Lindenwirt invites children and their families who became victims of violance, poverty, illness and catastrophes to carefree vacations in their hotel.