Sol Beach House Benoa
Tanjung Benoa 80363, Indonesia
“Sol Beach House is built in accordance with Balinese traditional architecture and guarantees an authentic experience.”
In the midst of the tropical paradise of Bali Nusa Dua, you find the green certified Sol Beach House Benoa. It is an all inclusive hotel with typical traditional refurbished rooms and many leisure possibilities within the hotel area.
All of the generously cut guest-rooms have a balcony overlooking the spectacular, tropical garden. In the restaurants authentic balinese dishes as well as western dishes are being served.
Sol Beach House Benoa is the only hotel on Bali built around a natural lagoon which still preserves its authentic Fauna and Flora.
- Local traditional balinese architecture
- Distance to the airport of Ngurah Rai approx. 25 minutes
- Private beach and many water sport possibilities
- Earth check Platinum Certificate - relax in an eco-friendly resort
- Thai Chi, Yoga
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 127 rooms
- 36 Guest-rooms,
- 54 Premium Rooms,
- 32 Suites,
- 5 Family Suites
- Fitness Center
- Kids Senter
- YHI Spa with Wellness & Beauty Treatment
- Pool, Sport Facilities & Activities on the Beach
- Bike Riding, Water Aerobics, Cooking Courses
- Table Tennis & Gigantic Chess
- 3km of Jogging Path nearby
- Babysitter Service
Built on January 1st, 1990, the hotel’s operation started on December 14th, 1996. It is owned by PT. Hotel Citra Rapi, a local company with its main business in the tourism industry. The hotel’s previous name was Bali Regency Club, but it was renamed into Melia Benoa Indonesia on April 25th, 2000.
The hotel has a new style inspiration as a natural beach house with a modern touch and maintenance of the local flair. Located on 1,66 Hectare at Tanjung Benoa Sol Beach House Benoa Bali is a Five Star Hotel which has been recommended and certified as being an eco-friendly hotel in Indonesia.
Sol Beach House Benoa, Bali’s Green Initiatives
The Hotel is Earth check Platinum Certified and also Tri Hita Karana Platinum certified, Tri Hita Karana is a traditional philosophy for life on the island of Bali which promotes harmony among fellow human beings through communal cooperation, harmony with their environment, which strife to conserve the nature and promote the sustainability and balance of the environment and harmony towards the Gods.
- Energy and Resource Efficient Technologies
- Local Engagement
- Water Consumption
- Waste Management Plan
- Social Responsibility
Sol Beach House is built in accordance with Balinese traditional architecture and in full compliance with all local & national regulations. All building materials are local materials.
Energy and Resource Efficient Technologies
Melia Hotels International already set their policy in purchasing which is called “MHI’s Responsible Purchasing Process“ (minimize the impact caused by the purchasing process by using local products and encourage suppliers to participate in best practice of the sustainability programs)
Purchase from suppliers which are supporting the environmental & social practices. The hotel policy for social & environmental sustainability programs has been distributed to them and they were asking for feed back
To celebrate the 46th Earth Day in 2016, Sol Beach House Benoa organized the cleaning of beaches with the aim to inspire and motivate people to take care of the environment.
- Water consumption under EarthCheck benchmarking process Water usage is periodically recorded and under Earth check benchmarking calculation.
- All consumable water and ice were already tested periodically from a recommended laboratory and are part of the Food safety program
- Waste Water Treatment under Bali Tourist Development Cooperation (BTDC) Nusa Dua Bali by using Bio Technology
- Rainwater is captured by using Biopory system and stone drainage in the garden area where the rain water directly flow to the ground at garden area
Waste Management Plan
Solid waste is managed by “4R ” (reduce, return, resale, reuse) and all solid waste is send to the government landfill after being filtered by 4 R and handling by legal company. All data and report under Earthchek Benchmark.Unused item are resold for CSR fund
All suppliers are informed on how to minimize their packaging with plastic. Plastic Garbage used in daily operation is biodegradable plastic
The solid waste is separated twice:
- In house separation: wet and dry waste. Wet waste for animal feeding and dry waste separated by 4 R.
- Separation by a Waste Legal Collector and the solid waste is transported to Government landfill. Wet waste is collected for animal feeding.
- Toilet paper, hand towel paper & tissues are biodegradable.
- Towels and bed linen not to be changed daily
- The program in the guest room is a *Going Green Campaign* for changing the towels
- Biodegradable soap and cleaning products
- Body cleaning products are biodegradable and cleaning chemicals under Ecolab (recomended product)
- All purchase of the Hotel need to go through a formal purchase procedure
- Organic food and herbals
- Using local products and organic farms whenever possible
- Most of the food ingredients from local product
- No plastic when serving meals
Local recruitment : only 2 staff expatriates in the hotel (they are coming from Melia Hotels International) and the rest are local people.
Staff awareness training in term of sustainability and involving local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances. With the Balinese Philosophy of life “ Tri Hita Karana “ (living in three aspects of harmony).
The community involvement team of the hotel creates a cooperation with local people. The fisherman and the community near the hotel are integrated in the business ( water sport, Taxi, Balinese culture show , etc.).
The plan in recruitment staff was giving them priority base on their capability and continue our CSR programs.
No social, gender or racial discrimination of any kind is practiced or supported.
Sol Beach House Benoa Bali under Melia Hotel International was clearly stated that there is no gender issues, no discrimination, no exploitation and no Children employment. This commitment is evidenced in signing the Private Sector Commitment to UNWTO (Global Code of Ethics for Tourism).
The sustainability policies are communicated to the guests and stakeholders, this is important to let them know the commitment & encourage participation.
Communication through email (email tagged with the sustainability certificate), guest area board, staff notice board, guest room TV channel and supplier information.