11 Moo 8 Laem Tong
Koh Phi Phi, Ao Nang
Krabi 81000, Thailand
“An unforgettable journey of discovery” Zeavola
Zeavola Resort is located on one of the major islands in an archipelago of six islands. Phi Phi Island is known for its scenery of high hills with jutting cliffs surrounded by marvelous beaches and emerald sea, hiding underneath a bank of coral reefs and colorful marine life.
Situated between the great island of Phuket and the part of Krabi Province, which are popular places for diving & snorkeling, kayaking and other marine recreational activities. The Phi Phi Islands are known as the kingdom of undersea flowers, various kinds of fish, colorful flowers and beautiful coral reefs.
Zeavola was accredited as a Green Fin resort by the Phuket Marine Biological Centre and has launched a reef watch and regeneration initiative Project 'Coral Freedom'. At the same time, the resort is pursuing its goal to become the Andaman's unquestioned home of 'Five Star Diving', combining luxurious accommodations with thrilling diving adventures that also offer an opportunity to 'give back' and get involved for guests.
Koh Phi Phi's leading luxury boutique dive resort Zeavola is bringing its commitments to conservation and environmental education above the waterline with a captivating Birdwalk, offering holidaymakers and budding ornithologists a glimpse into the private lives of the island's intriguing tropical bird population.
- Explore the authentic Thailand at an eco friendly resort
- A perfect place to be for divers from all over the world. Discover undersea flowers, various kinds of fish, beautiful coral reefs in Phi Phi island's only green resort
- Discover the beauty of Phi Phi Islands with a long tail boat enjoying eco friendly vacations
- Relax and unwind in a green hotel, where the real luxury is pure nature a stunning and unique green beach with white powdery sand and a personal service
- Be part of the coral freedom project that supports a new reef and the regenaration of the coral reefs
“Zeavola is involved in environmental projects, supporting the community by hiring local, supporting schools and educating kids on environment”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
54 Rooms, 1 Pool, Baxil Restaurant, Thai kitchenTacada Restaurant, International and Thai kitchen,Cooking classes, Spa, Zann Zanook Padi Dive Centre for divers of all levels
about 40m2, in a tropical garden complex
about 60m², offers additional spacious living area and open air shower
about 60 m²; has a private garden.
about 100m2, like “Garden Suite”, two levels with private pool and sundeck
Zeavola’s philosophy is based on offering the client an authentic Thai experience. Step back to simplicity implies experiencing the real Thailand, an understanding for the Thai people, how they live and at the same time enjoy outstanding service at this wonderful dive resort.
The architecture is local, the furniture is local, the decoration is local, it feels like time being kept.
Zeavola General Manager Florian Hallermann said the resort’s mission is to help save the region’s coral had been given renewed urgency following a seminar his team attended with the Phuket Marine Biological Centre. The seminar offered a bleak picture of the Andaman Sea’s coral health, Mr Hallerman added, detailing the disastrous effects of a widespread phenomenon in 2010 known as coral bleaching.
Zeavola’s Green Initiatives
- Energy conservation
- Environmental Protection
- Conservation of Fauna & Flora
- Community Clean ups
- Giving Back
- The resort invested heavily to install common electricity on Laem Tong Beach to get away from generator energy.
- Key Tags system implemented at the same time.
- Energy saving light bulbs in the gardens and public places.
- Sensor controlled public lighting.
- Laundry system to conserve energy and reduce chemical use.
Water the essence of life
Being embedded in Nature all resources are very precious on the island. This is why Zeavola embarked on a journey of sustainable water usage. The Zeavola community counts up to 300 people, as well as animals and gardens who all consume water. The resort has 4 deepwells which are nurtured from the water coming down from the hills on their way to the sea. Most of the time the water is fresh but during the dry season the salinity of the water rises due to decreased fresh water.
In order to provide clean shower and utility water the resort is installing a big Reverse Osmosis plant which provides potable water in great volumes. At the hight of its output this plant can provide 7,000 gallons per hour. Working at maximum capacity places a lot of strain on the system. The engineering team monitors the water levels to ensure the system is only used as needed.
To further reduce the work load of the reverse osmosis system, the staff houses were equipped with roof gutters and linked with a pipe system. The roof area is about a football field and with a good tropical down pour its possible to collect 10,000 to 18,000 liters within 2 hours. The water storage has a capacity of 300,000 which sound like seriously a lot.
The waste water is collected from all corners of the resort to be properly disposed and treated. The treatment system contains 3 different stages and water is cleared of biological and chemical remains. Finally the water is brought in a collection pond and used to water the gardens. The jungle setting of the resort needs a lot of good water to survive. With this the water cycle is closed and the resort is very proud of the fact that no outside water is used in this process and more importantly no wastewater finds its way into the sea.
Sustainable living with nature is a big focus at the Zeavola, since the nature will present a very tough bill when its not respected. This is not a fashionable trend on this island but a daily necessity. Zeavola invite its guests to use this valuable resource carefully when in the hotel.
Conservation of Fauna & Flora
- 18 bird species on premises of the resort
- Resort encourages breeding by creating quiet area in the resort
- Established numerous fruit trees to assist in the food chain of the birds
- First aid and survival assistance for birds in distress
- Coral cleaning activities on yearly base
- Rescue lone monkeys and send them back to the uninhabited part of the National Park
- Creating a safe environment for pythons to enjoy or pigmy chickens
Community Clean ups
- Daily beach cleaning by staff members
- Beach cleaning at tourist destinations close to the resort
- Coral Reef cleaning by the dive team and guests
- All garbage is shipped to Phuket for incineration
- All natural waste will be shredded and send back into the garden nothing will be burned
- Supporting the local school on weekly base
- Conducting the Children Party every year for the Laem Tong school
- Assist in renovation work for the Laem Tong school
- Pay respect to the elders of the Sea Gypsy Community during Songkran
- Supporting local government projects on regular base.