Bad Birnbach 84364, Germany
“Engage yourself in the experience to do nothing, entrust us and the Hofgut spirit of time!” Anja Horn-Rückerl
Just an 1/2 hour drive from Passau in South-East Germany to Bad Birnbach you will arrive at Hofhut Hafnerleiten, a paradise for architecture and nature lovers. A holistic concept of well being is what you can expect here.
The Hofgut Hafnerleiten awaits you with 3 exclusive vacation rentals with their own kitchen for a self-catering vacation. It is an ideal combination of privacy and individuality with the option to cook for yourself, or eat at the restaurant.
During daytime, time can be delightfully spent by relaxing at the fireplace, reading a book on your own terrace, enjoying the different ‚wellness cubes’, jumping into the cold water of the lake after a Finnish sauna or taking part in a cooking lesson by the host.
Hofgut Hafnerleiten is the ideal place to slow down and leave stress behind. No phones and TVs disturb the restful idyll of this estate in Bavaria.
- Stay at your own vacation rental house and enjoy privacy with the luxury of a high standard hotel service, if you wish, or cook for yourself in the well equipped kitchens of the vcation homes
- Enjoy an oasis of well-being and leave all stress from daily life at home
- Barista and cooking classes
- Nature, Wellness, Individualoty, Holistic Concept of Well - being
- Unique location for seminars, weddings and other festivities
“The Hofgut Hafnerleiten fascinates with an architecture which lays special emphasis on the human being and combines it with nature.”
being local - authentic experiences
Houses & Amenities
Exklusive Holiday Homes (Rottaler long houses), approx. 70 sqm incl. large living room, kitchen, bunks & bathtub next to the fireplace:
- Haus am See (house at the lake)
- Haus am Feld (house at the field)
- Haus am Wald (house at the forest)
- three-course menu in the evening on the family board with a table wine & water (themed houses & pond suite)
- “bathrobe breakfast” in the own house (holiday homes with filled fridge)
- private terrace area
- earth sauna
- Finnish sauna at the bath pond
- basket with apples, tea & well water
- hot-water bag
- a choice of wellness clothing & Crogs
- books & iPod stations
- cellular network
- electric smog at the roost
- different price and season categories
The History of Hofgut Hafnerleiten
„For us, luxury means closeness to nature, rest and time. Hence, our guests live in their own small house between ponds and trees.“
Today’s Hofgut Hafnerleiten in the middle of the Bavarian nature in Germany exists in its formation as it is today only since 2013. In 1999, the professional chef and today’s landlord Erwin Rückerl opened the first cooking school in Lower Bavaria, after he discovered his love for Mediterranean cuisine in Sardinia.
In the following years, Erwin Rückerl and his wife Anja Horn-Rückerl, the good soul of the house, refined the original concept of the cooking school in South-East of Germany, whilst laying a focus on the relationship with nature and extended the existing section of culinary with the section of living.
In March 2013, the opening of the three exclusive vacation rentals, the Rottaler Langhäuser finally followed.
The inner yard of the main house remains as the heart of the property inviting to cook, eat and enjoy. Because passing on the enthusiasm for cooking is still a large passion for Erwin Rückerl.
Today, the Hofgut team also hosts many conferences, meetings, events and creative seminars in its premises.
- Architecture & Design
- Waste Management
- Energy & Water Management
Architecture & Design
- The whole property is sustainably planned
- During the planning period of the house, they worked together closely with landscape architects to guarantee the conjunction with architecture and nature
- The construction methods of the houses were adapted individually to the surrounding nature and the scenery
- For the construction and the interior as well as exterior design of the single houses, value was placed on natural materials and an environmentally appropriate construction method
- Wild hedges, meadow with scattered fruit trees, poor grasslands were arranged. Several ponds were created (different carp kinds, pond shells, bitterlings, common rudds, crayfish etc.). A small, natural tree group has gathered itself with birches and alders
- Avoidance of waste during purchase, outer packaging is taken back by the distributor when possible. Reusable packaging is preferred. Waste separation can be found everywhere.
- for e.g. kitchen: compostable waste is brought to the own compost, food (noodles, bread, rice etc.) are given to the chickens. Everything else is added to the organic waste collection bin.
- for e.g. rooms: handwash and bath additives in large packages, as well as handmade soap are available
- for e.g. service: cloth napkins instead of paper napkins, service plates instead of lots of table linen
- Instruction and education of employees
- Recycling depot: paper, glass, recyclables etc.
- The hosts Erwin and Anja Rückerl focuses on a vacation without electric smog and offer the first radiation-free vacation home in Germany.
- The slope house was measured in all four levels of the electromagnetic field and received the high-class seal EMF “green electromagnetics”.
- With the measurement, value was particularly placed of a detailed measurement around the beds to allow a deep and stress free sleep to guests.
Energy & Water Management
- Water management: own well 90 metres deep for drinking water.
- Water treatment: all the wastewater is purified in the own membrane plant and is further used for lavatory flush and watering the garden.
- The own well feeds the ponds.
- Own garden (fruit, herbs, vegetables, nuts) that are used in the kitchen
- Always on the lookout for regional producers:
- Currently, Hofgut Hafnerleiten is supplied with goat cheese, fruit brandy, juices and lamb by small manufacturers from the neighbourhood.
- Delivery of food is combined. Only a few main suppliers for the whole purchase that minimizes weekly deliveries.