Green City Hotel Vauban
Freiburg im Breisgau 79100, Germany
“The Green City Hotel Vauban is an outstanding example for aesthetic inspiration and energetic sustainability.” Green City Hotel Vauban
The Green City Hotel Vauban is located in the green heart of Freiburg. Situated in the car-reduced district Vauban, which is famous for its sustainable approaches, the city hotel offers a special concept of aesthetic architecture, social responsibility and regional sustainability.
Led by a nonprofit company, the integrative Green City Hotel Vauban provides unique architecture, functional quality and innovative sustainability.
The venue itself offers a conference room equipped with modern technology. With its functional quality, responsible philosophy and green design, Green City Hotel Vauban provides the perfect location for your individual green meeting.
- Integrational hotel
- Modern green architecture
- Conference room with modern equipment
- Different possible seating alternatives
- Close to inner city, main station, fair grounds
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 48 double rooms and one suite with beautiful landscape view
- Modern design with natural wood
- Disability-friendly: three rooms suitable for wheelchairs, one of them designed to fit the needs of the disabled according to DIN-norm
- Equipped with TV, Wi-fi, radio, telephone, safe, generous bathroom, hairdryer
- Conference room for 30 people, with modern conference technology and induction loop for hearing-impaired people
History & Philosophy
The history of the young Green City Hotel Vauban starts in 2013. On June 17th, the hotel opened its doors in the sustainable, partly car-free district Vauban. From the beginning, attention was paid to respect and meet the aspects of regionality, ecological sustainability, but most of all social responsibility.
The hotel stands out with its unique philosophy. The focus is on inclusion, social responsibility and the participation of all human beings at social processes.
Next to great leisure opportunities, the Green City Hotel Vauban offers a personal atmosphere for individual conferences and meetings. Get creative at the climatized 55 m² conference room providing space for 30 persons with desks and 60 with row seating.
Depending on what you prefer, different seating alternatives, such as parliamentary, single block, horse shoe style seating or row seating, are possible.
The food for conference groups over 15 participants is prepared at Hofgut Himmelreich. Groups under 15 are spoilt with standard and vegan meals at restaurant Der Süden diagonally across from Green City Hotel Vauban.
- Architecture & Energy
- Social Responsibility
- Waste Management
Architecture & Energy
- Ambitious architecture concept connects creativity and quality with innovative sustainability and energy standards
- Radiative heating and cooling in rooms through wall-integrated water-carrying capillary tube mats
- Highly insulated facades with climbing plants, which enable temperature equalization
- Highly efficient ventilation system with high heat recovery rate and building tightness avoid uncontrolled ventilation heat loss
- Eliminating energy-intensive minibars
- Energy consumption at least 60% below permitted primary energy demand
- Heating and hot water partially from renewable energy sources (such as the regional wood chip burning system)
- Additional energy generated by integrated photovoltaic system
- The integrative hotel represents a social and charitable project
- Employs people with disabilities
- Special trainings and further education measurements adjusted to their mental or physical disabilities
- Small packaging is avoided as far as possible for the benefit of waste reduction
- No plastic packaging for bathroom items, only recyclable packaging
- Staff trainings regarding waste separation and recycling
- Food and drinks originate, whenever possible, from the region and/or from integration companies
- Employment of local staff whenever possible