LIFESTYLE Resort zum Kurfürsten
Bernkastel-Kues 54470, Germany
“Only in perfect harmony of Yin and Yang, the life energy Qi can flow unhindered.” Heiner Buckermann
Lifestyle meets the Moselle. In the wonderful small Moselle village Bernkastel-Kues you can find the LIFESTYLE Resort zum Kurfürsten, a combination of ambition, engagement and love for a special atmosphere. Entering the hotel you will immediately feel the meaning of the word relaxation.
"You can be yourself, the age is not important". A new understanding for lifestyle, putting the factor health to the uppermost priority is created and lived here.
- Green Wellness vacation at the romantic Moselle river
- Pure relaxation in a sustainable Lifestyle Resort
- 5 - Elements menu, created according to the traditional chinese medicine
- Beautyfarm and cozy hotel
- TCM, a combination of traditional Chinese and European medicine
“For many years LIFESTYLE Resort zum Kurfürsten is supporting sustainability.”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 72 rooms with bath or shower WC, bathrobe and bath slippers on request, phone, Sat. TV (Flatscreen), radio, minibar, safe, WLAN
- Breakfast buffet with organic products, choice of 5 different 3 course menus (Vital, gourmet, Vegetarian, Vegan, 5-elements)
- 2,500 square meter of wellness area flooded with light, panoramic pool with jacuzzi, waterfall and upstream swimming, Chinese herbal sauna, aromatic steam bath, Himalayas salt sauna, energy nature sauna, Chinese hell (95°C), shower experience, Kneippteich, infrared cabins, water beds with entertainment arrangement, terrace, pool house
- 4 restaurants and bistro
Everything started in 2001 when Heiner Buckermann acquired the hotel „Zum Kurfürsten“ on the Kueser plateau in Germany. At that time, the hotel had 56 rooms, and was mainly used as a stop for guests visiting on bus tours.
Organically the idea matured to change the hotel into an upmarket and unique spa resort. Heiner Buckerman reminisces: “I remember those early days… At that time, our spa was limited to a small private sauna in the basement, which also housed a recreation room.
These first years set the precedent for many of the alterations made to the original hotel, always keeping the focus on wellbeing and sustainability while modeling the hotel “Zum Kurfürsten” into what it is today.
Green Initiatives of the wellness hotel at the Moselle
For many years the LIFESTYLE Resort zum Kurfürsten in Bernkastel-Kues at the Moselle engages in the subject sustainability and was certificated by the cooperation with Viabono.
- Waste Management
- The hotel’s extension built in 2010 was built according to the state-of-the-art heat insulation, what results in energy conservation in various areas
- According to the humidity rate, air is exchanged by the use of outside vent holes in connection with hygrostats in the hotel rooms
- Hence, the hotel’s rooms have an especially healthy indoor climate as well as a reduced calorific requirement
- Use of the most modern pool technology with chlorine ozone construction for the avoidance of disinfection chemicals and algae weedkiller
- Use of power-saving illuminants
- Careful utilization of resources, usage of the most modern technology for hotel’s laundry
- Reduction of paper processes by high-class management
- Modern pool covers are used for the avoidance of unnecessary CO2 emissions
- With 3 BHKW’s (a total of 46 kW) stream is generated by means of natural gas
- On this occasion, a reduction of the annual CO2 emission by 30% could be reached
- Excessive stream is fed into the electricity grid
- Avoidance of packaging waste
- Use of environmentally friendly packaging
- Waste separation incl. separation of residual waste and subsequent treatment to animal feed of regional farms
- To reduce routes of transport, regional suppliers and products are preferred
- Preferential use of organic products
- Reduction of the restaurant’s offer to 5 menus per day, these are offered and bought according to seasonal purchase criteria
- Wood stove sauna which is fueled with wood from the adjoining, regrowing woods