The Pavilions Himalayas
Pumdi-Bhumdi, Ward No 25
“Our philosophy is that your entire visit is a retreat from daily life, leaving you with a renewed feeling of well being and peacefulness.” The Pavilions Himalayas
Surrounded by a marvelous scenery of organic farmland, hills and Phewa Lake, The Pavilions Himalayas boutique resort showcases traditional Nepalese village life.
Overlooking the Himalayas in Pokhara, the resort is the perfect location for a relaxing vacation in luxurious eco-friendly villas, as well as for authentic cultural activities, and a good starting point for active adventures.
Get active when joining village walks, treks into the Himalayan foothills and beyond, or go on adventures like paragliding or white water rafting. Horned rhinos, crocodiles, elephants and maybe even the Royal Bengal tiger can be observed on a Safari Tour through the jungle of Chitwan National park. After the activities, get refreshments at the resort’s pool area with incredible farmland and mountain range views.
With the knowledge of making a contribution to a better community life, the memories of your stay at The Pavilions Himalayas will last a life time.
- overwhelming views of mountain landscape
- yoga and meditation
- diverse opportunities to relax, go trekking into Himalayan regions, join safaris etc.
- luxurious amenities, showcasing authentic Nepalese life
being local - authentic experiences
Book via Green Pearls® and benefit
Support sustainable travel worldwide and receive a benefit.
Save your exclusive Green Pearls® offer now:
Make a reservation through our website or book directly at The Pavilions Himalayas with the code “Green Pearls” and get a free transfer from the airport and back.
Rooms & Amenities
The Pavilions Himalayas offers 15 spacious villas with a wonderful view of the natural Nepalese landscape.
- The Pavilions (Classic, Grand, Chalet)
all villas combine cosy rustic touch of Nepali style with modern comforts, have an en-suite bathroom and private deck, equipped with fireplace, free wi-fi and BOSE dock and iPod
- The Farmhouse
with personal kitchen and private dining
- Family cottage
most authentic option for 6-7 guests, with private garden, located in the village (5 minute walk from the main resort), create your own local delicacies at the kitchen or have your personal chef / butler do the cooking for you
- Bhet Ghat Bar & Lounge offers Nepali cuisine or international favorites
- pool area, outdoor jacuzzi
- Gym, Yoga & Meditation facilities
- Spa area with sauna, Ayurvedic experiences and trained therapists
History and Philosophy
As the latest addition to The Pavilions Collection, the unique organic farm boutique resort The Pavilions Himalayas opened in November 2015.
The owners Douglas and Insuba Maclagan have supported and implemented projects in manifold field like health, education or provision of job opportunities for the past 21 years. Their passion to support social activities and sustainable initiatives is also experienced at The Pavilions Himalayas.
Insuba and Douglas have realized that there is not much point in life to earn more than you need yourself without getting the fulfillment in supporting less fortunate people.
Staying at the resort and living this lifestyle will open your senses, create awareness and fulfillment in contributing to improve the lives of the very people that provide you with hospitality.
- Energy & Water Management
- Social Responsibility
Energy & Water Management
- own electricity supplies from solar
- cutting electrical consumption without negotiating the mod-cons that are expected by the guests
- creating biogas for use on site
- rain water-harvesting tanks
- recycle this water through wetland plantation tanks
- then reuse this water again for the bathroom flushing;
- this black-water is then used to create biogas to supply the kitchen
- to not damage the wetlands and biogas systems, all soaps and shampoos are biodegradable
- nearly all building materials are local to Nepal to keep it locally natural and to avoid a negative footprint from imported items
- diversified organic farming to supply the kitchens and keep imports to a minimum
- other products supplied by local farmers
- biodegradable soaps and shampoos are created from local herbs at the resort
- concept: 50% of village community is directly employed; for all others The Pavilions Himalayas will provide training courses to start up their own small enterprises with a micro loan provision to provide the resort with needed products
- donations to the community school and health post
- own charitable work with Right4Children and The Pavilions Foundation
- committed to provide 70% of net profits for social responsibilities after having retired the current loans