Bad Herrenalb 76332, Germany
“Come to the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA in Bad Herrenalb and experience the intriguing and inspiring energy of our hospitality.” SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA
The hotel SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA is located in Bad Herrenalb, in the Northern part of the Black Forest in Germany. As a wellness and health hotel with integrated "selfness centre" and an adjacent clinic, it forms the so called "health mountain" in Bad Herrenalb.
While guests can spoil themselves in the beauty area of the hotel with cosmetics treatments and massages, the spa area invites its guests with a steam bath, a Finnish wet and dry sauna, a mineral thermal swimming-pool as well as a jacuzzi to relax.
On request, it is possible to sleep and live climate-neutral in the rooms and apartments of the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA. Besides, the region of the North Black Forest provides the ideal basis for varied day trips into the nature or to nearby cities like Karlsruhe, Baden-Baden or Strasbourg. In the evening, it is worthwhile to try the new interpretations of the traditional Black Forest kitchen in the in-house restaurant "La Vie".
- Upon request: climate-neutral stay
- Selfness center with fast cures, yoga & TCM therapies
- Classical fasting ingestion after Dr. Buchinger
- Base fasting after Wettcke
- Wellness and beauty area with massages & cosmetic treatments
- 850 sqm spa area incl. sauna and mineral thermal swimming pool
- Ideal location for day trips into the region North Black Forest
“I cannot be economical without sustainable thinking. – Stephan Bode, managing director of Schwarzwald Panorama”
being local - authentic experiences
Rooms & Amenities
- 88 rooms, 8 apartments and 1 suite, all with 4 stars superior amenities, with terrace or balcony and panoramic view over the Black Forest
- Rooms with desk, flatscreen, SKY-TV, radio, minibar, safe and WLAN
- Generous zero waste breakfast buffet at the hotel
- Use of a generous balcony or a terrace with view of the nature
- Bathrooms with hairdryers and illuminated vanity mirrors, some with bidets
- direct access to underground parking with loading facilities for e-cars
- Free use of the beauty, wellness & SPA areas with mineral-thermal pool and whirlpool, sunbathing terrace, Finnish wet sauna and Finnish dry sauna with colored lights, steam bath, relaxation room with tea station and fitness suite
- Provided bathrobes and shower slippers
- Handicapped-equipped rooms available
The Facelift of the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA
“It is way more fun when you are economically, environmentally and socially successful.” – Stephan Bode
The foundation of today’s hotel ‚SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA’ in Bad Herrenalb in the Black Forest of Germany was laid in the year 1973.
Under the new leadership of Stephan Bode in 2013, the former, rather unknown ‘Ruland’s Thermenhotel’ was turned into the ‘SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA’ with a new content and a new atmosphere.
Stephan Bode a hotelier of the third generation, raised and educated in Hannover has learned his business from the bottom up. As the new owner he does not only manage the hotel, but has put his heart and soul in this project.
He calls himself a “learner” instead of his usual job title. Therefore, he did not simply gave the hotel an expensive facelift, but rather improved the existing beautiful elements of the hotel and implemented a new hotel and service concept.
The hotel lobby was embellished, the wellness, beauty, fitness and health area were enlarged, a healthy diet concept with organic quality and Slow Food was implemented and all hotel areas were aligned along environmental sustainability – with the maximum of regionalism and the best possible quality.
The result is a holistic product that meets the current needs of the tourism and healthcare industry, as well as the culinary market requirements and brings heart, mind and appreciation to the guests.
Following the motto ‘Think Globally – Act Regionally’, the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA in Germany takes numerous measures in order to preserve the natural beauty and diversity of the Black Forest for future generations. All efforts that are made to protect the climate and the environment are combined with the best possible quality for the guest. Therefore, the hotel offers climate-neutral hotel stays, climate-neutral packages, climate-neutral meetings and events, as well as climate-neutral arrival and departure.
- Environmental Protection
- Social Engagement
The SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA pursues a 3 columns concept for effective climate protection:
- Avoiding CO₂ emissions and integration of CO-neutral products
- Neutralization of any remaining residual emissions through offsetting projects.
- All guests are provided the opportunity to neutralize the CO₂ emissions generated at their arrival and departure in our reception area.
- All environmental effects of the hotel operations are recorded and analyzed
- The annual CO₂ emissions are calculated with the goal of the greatest possible reduction of CO₂ emissions
- Use of eco-friendly cleaners, sustainably produced printed products and other materials
- species conservation (own bee hives, bird houses and feeding stations, wild bees and insect hotels)
- raised-bed gardening, green roofs, flower meadows
- successful motivation of business partners to operate climate neutral
If requested, your stay at SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA will be climate neutral. The CO₂ emissions generated during your stay will be reported and offset through the support of recognized climate protection projects in collaboration with ClimatePartner.
- Use of regional and seasonal products and ingredients
(70% organic-certified and 30% slow food-share)
- Untreated and fresh prepared domestic and international cuisine
- eggs from dual-purpose chicken breed of an organic farm within 10 km distance
- meat from male “brother roosters”
- organic milk products in Bioland- and Demeter quality
- Integration of modern, user-friendly and energy-saving technologies (green IT, LED-lighting, etc.)
- sustainable outdoor-minibar “Hopfenhöhle” (hop cave) without electricity
- no air-condition
- Preferred use of materials and products of fair trade origins
- Reduction of paper consumption, transition to Blue-Angel-paper and reuse as scratch paper
- Separation and avoidance of garbage, “waste crash course” for employees
- Multilingual labeling of bins for optimal waste separation
- Adoption of reusable materials
- Candle residuals are donated to a local candle manufactory
- use of biodegradable detergents
- “Blue Angel” eco toilet paper
- lavender bags with inscription “No room cleaning today! Thank you for the environment”
- refillable shower gel and lotion system in 300 ml dispenser
- the SCHWARZWALD PANORAMA donates all things left in the rental vacations after six months to a local social institution
- DVD rental for employees of sustainability addressing movies
- “exchange pin board” for employees to set an example against consumer culture
- collaboration with local workshops for disabled people in terms of operational integration
- massage device in the canteen
- Support Global Family Resort
- Mindfulness training for employees during working hours