Erlangen 91052, Germany
“We are proud of the fact that we have a very low CO2 footprint for several years now and are awarded as a climate-neutral hotel.” Ben Förtsch
Being the first climate-positive hotel in Franconia, Creativhotel Luise surprises and spoils its guests for 3 generations. The philosophy of the hotel is carried by the consciousness of its responsibility towards the next generations.
Some of the rooms are furnished according to Feng-Shui principles, so guests can feel completely at home.
- Quiet location in the city centre
- Rooms with environmental passport
- Organic Vital breakfast
- Free room service for disabled
- Wellness area
being local - authentic experiences
Book via Green Pearls® and benefit
Support sustainable travel worldwide and receive a benefit.
Your exclusive Green Pearls® offer:
Make a reservation through our website or book directly at Creativhotel Luise with the code “Green Pearls” and enjoy one glass of wine or beer after work, take a little surprise and an eco- and business man-friendly bath duck home with you.
Rooms & Amenities
- 95 Rooms in total
- 55 Single rooms
- 3 Double rooms
- 8 Feng Shui Rooms (can be used as single or double)
- 27 Junior Suites (single, double, three bed)
- 2 Suites (single, double, three bed or four bed)
- 3 single rooms, 2 double rooms , 1 junior suite were designed as „regenerative hotel rooms“ on the basis of the Cradle to Cradle® principle.
Rooms according to Feng Shui principles:
Snuggle Suite 40 qm
Shower/toilet, with tiled stove and additional heating, Feng Shui mobile, W-Lan, starry sky, remarkable, romantic and rustic design, desk, large refrigerator, safe, separate castle room for children.
- Direct parking at the hotel
- Parking space for disabled
Once upon a time …
When Klaus Förtsch took over the hotel from his parents at the end of the 80s and started implementing the green philosophy, terms like “green weirdo” were still harmless.
Founded in 1956 the Creativhotel Luise was one of the forerunners in regards of sustainability in the hotel industry. Today the house is led in the third generation by Ben Förtsch who improves the green tradition of the hotel daily.
At every corner you feel the influence of the different generations, united by the efforts of improving the sustainable efforts every day.
Ben Förtsch, a passionate photographer, is actively involved in the creative design of the hotel, his aim is a artistic synthesis.
Many employees have already been occupied at the hotel for a very long time and completely identify with the philosophy of the house. They feel like hosts and the guests like being in a second home, coming back time and time again.
Sustainability at the Creativhotel Luise
For higher resloution please click here.
The family-run hotel operates according to ecological principles, with a priority to fulfill the responsibility towards future generations.
- CO2 footprint
- Waste management
- Social responsibility
- Organic Pass
- Organic Breakfast
For five years the hotel has a CO2 footprint and belongs to the climate-neutral hotels in Germany. Since 2010 it is one of the first hotels in Germany which offer a climate-neutral stay to their guests. The CO2 result per overnight stay is only 10.24 kg.
This corresponds to the excellent climate-efficiency class A. Viabono certified the hotel’s CO2 footprint, which is calculated on a yearly base. The average emission of a 3 star hotel amounts to 35 kg of CO2 per overnight stay, which is much higher than at the Creativhotel Luise.
- Solar installation for the heat production of water and heating, otherwise use of energy-efficient district heating of the Erlangen public utilities
- Use of green energy from hydroelectric power plants only
- Support of the Solar-mobile association Erlangen inc. and partner of the solar filling station, which is located directly opposite the hotel
- Battery station for electric cars and an own electric car
- Usage of jumbo packages in order to avoid garbage
- Support of environment protection projects
- Active integration of all employees
- Support of local, social and cultural projects
- Discarded pieces of furniture and electronics are handed on, for example to students or flood victims
- Cross-generational Team
- Close and direct contact to suppliers
The Förtsch family does not only care about the nature, but also about the well-being of their guests. Therefore, the creative hotel uses only high-quality and environmentally friendly materials.
- Furniture from local wood
- Living plants improve the room climate
- Largely shielded electric lines avoid the smog
- Wallpaper made of recycling paper, smoothed with beeswax
- All colors, varnish and glues are biological and solvent-free
- Carpeted floors free of pollutant and without foam back
- Cork linoleum
- The toilet is rinsed with rainwater
- The shower water is warmed up by a solar installation
- Body-friendly mattresses with pure new wool; metal-free duckboards
- Local and organic products