Erlangen 91052, Germany
“We are proud of the fact that we have a very low CO2 footprint for five years and are awarded as climate-positive hotel.” Ben Förtsch
Creativhotel Luise, as the first climate-positive hotel in Franconia, surprises and spoils its guests since three generations. The philosophy of the family run hotel in Erlangen is the consciousness about its responsibility towards next generations.
It belongs to one of the most eco-friendly city-hotels in Germany. You are welcomed to stay in rooms with a good and healthy atmosphere, a high sleeping quality, quiet location, wellness area, bio-vital breakfast and a highly motivated service team.
- Quiet location in the city centre
- Rooms with environmental passport
- Free room service for disabled
- Wellness area
- Local and organic breakfast
- “Regenerative Hotelrooms"
being local - authentic experiences
Book via Green Pearls® and benefit
Support sustainable travel worldwide and receive a benefit.
Save your exclusive Green Pearls® offer now: Make a reservation through our website or book directly at Creativhotel Luise with the code “Green Pearls” and enjoy an organic welcome Prosecco, and take a little surprise and an eco- and business man-friendly rubber duck home with you.
Rooms & Amenities
- 55 Single rooms
- 3 Double rooms
- 8 Feng Shui Rooms (can be used as single or double)
- 27 Junior Suites (single, double, three bed)
- 2 Suites (single, double, three bed or four bed)
- 3 single rooms, 2 double rooms , 1 junior suite were designed as „ regenerative hotel rooms“ on the basis of the Cradle to Cradle® principle.
- Direct Parking at the hotel; Parking space for disabled
- Feng Shui Rooms
- Double bed or three quarter bed, Feng Shui mobile, Wi-Fi, little french balcony, rooms with solid wood and eco passport
- Snuggle Suite (40qm)
- Romantic and rustic design, tiled stove, Feng Shui mobile, refrigerator, safe, Wi-Fi
The green Story
When Klaus Förtsch took over the hotel from his parents at the end of the 80s he started implementing the green philosophy. At this time terms like “green weirdo” were still harmless.
Founded in 1956, the Creativhotel Luise in Erlangen, Germany, was one of the forerunners regarding sustainability in the hotel industry. Today the house is led in third generation by Ben Förtsch who unites the influences of the different generations and improves the green tradition and the sustainable efforts of the hotel day by day.
It is an example how to integrate the already existing with the new ways to be efficient, sustainable and climate-neutral. The hotel operates according to ecological principles with the priority to fulfill the responsibility towards future generations.
Also the employees, who are already occupied for a very long time at the hotel, identify themselves completely with the philosophy of the house and transport this feeling to the guests. For this reason, the hotel has a lot of repeaters.
Sustainability at Creativhotel Luise
For higher resloution please click here
The family-run hotel operates according to ecological principles, with its priority to fulfill the responsibility towards future generations.
- CO2 footprint
- Waste Management
- Organic Pass
- Social Responsibility
Since 2010 the Creativhotel Luise has a CO2 footprint and belongs to the first climate-neutral hotel in Franconia, Germany. The CO2 result per overnight stay is only at 10.24 kg. This corresponds to the excellent climate-efficiency class A. Viabono certified the hotel’s CO2 footprint, which is calculated on a yearly base. The average emission of a 3 star hotel amounts to 35 kg CO2 per overnight stay, which is much higher than at the Creativhotel Luise in Erlangen.
- Solar installation for the heat production of water and heating, otherwise use of energy-efficient district heating of the Erlanger public utilities
- Use of ecological energy from hydroelectric power plants only
- Support of the Solar-mobile association Erlangen inc. and partner of the solar filling station, which is located on the opposite site of the hotel
- Battery station for electric cars and own electric car
Usage of jumbo packages in order to avoid garbage.
Family Förtsch not only cares about the nature, but also about the well-being of their guests. Therefore, the creative hotel uses only high-quality and environmental friendly materials.
- Furniture from local wood
- Living plants improve the room climate
- Largely shielded electric lines avoid the electric smog
- Wallpaper made of recycling paper, smoothed with beeswax
- All colors, varnish and glues are biological and solvent-free
- Carpeted floors free of pollutant and without foam back
- Cork linoleum
- The toilet is rinsed with rainwater
- The shower water is warmed up by a solar installation
- Mattresses friendly to body withpure new wool and duckboards free of metal
- Support of environment protection projects
- Active integration of all employees
- Support of local, social and cultural projects
- Discarded pieces of furniture and electronics are given away to students or are given away, for example, to flood victims
- Cross-generational Team
- Close and direct contact to suppliers
Organic Breakfast: Local and organic products.
Regenerative hotel rooms
The „regenerative hotel room“ of Creative Hotel Luise indicates a way how sustainable and resource saving tourism is possible as well in regard to the furnishing as well as the rest of the Hotel without burdening the purse of the guests.
Who wants to fight against the climate change in the long term must have a general view. Exactly this is the idea behind the regenerative hotel room.
Demolition, rebuilding, resource use and recycling were and are looked after the Cradle to Cradle ® principle and are implemented carefully without losing sight of the guests’ comfort.
The concept of the „sustainable hotel room“ is as scaleable on every hotel or pension, as well as on private living rooms. Cradle to Cradle ® is a comprehensive approach of the used resources from beginning up to the end.
- Shower technology of the NASA which saves 90% of water and 80% of energy
- Wooden ceilings from straw renounce formaldehyde-containing glue.
- 100% recyclable carpet tiles from fishing nets are sustainable and sound- absorbing.
- Because his production demands a lot of energy, metal was substituted with wood.
- Screws are reduced or removed and substituted by plug connectors and environmentally friendly glue.